BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help please from the learned supporters on here. Just bought a 2016 R Nine T Sport with the high level Akra exhaust. The baffle appears to be missing. There is a screw where it is normally held in place. Could some-one confirm with a photo what's missing and I need to replace? Will it fail MOT because of this?
Thank you.
Akra high pipe.jpg

·
Registered
2016 R9T Sport
732 Posts
Will it fail MOT because of this?
Thank you.
I have the same exhaust, without the baffle, and with Akra Ti headers and with exhaust flap removed, and it's passed MOT twice.

On the Akra site you will see: "The exhaust system is compliant with EURO3 regulations."

The MOT exhaust test says
"The exhaust system and silencer should be in such condition, or of such a type, that the noise emitted from the motorcycle is not clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar motorcycle with a standard silencer in average condition."
Which is suitably vague.
The akra does not anything like "for track use only" and has "E" markings on it as it's a BMW approved/supplied part.

You can see all the manuals for this exhaust here:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same exhaust, without the baffle, and with Akra Ti headers and with exhaust flap removed, and it's passed MOT twice.

On the Akra site you will see: "The exhaust system is compliant with EURO3 regulations."

The MOT exhaust test says
"The exhaust system and silencer should be in such condition, or of such a type, that the noise emitted from the motorcycle is not clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar motorcycle with a standard silencer in average condition."
Which is suitably vague.
The akra does not anything like "for track use only" and has "E" markings on it as it's a BMW approved/supplied part.

You can see all the manuals for this exhaust here:

View attachment 142584

View attachment 142585
That's excellent, thank you for the info. I was worried about the MOT mainly. I think I will try and order the noise insert. I love the noise on a short run, the way it pops and cracks coming off the throttle. On a longer journey I think I might prefer it a little more subdued!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts