BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2018 RNineT Classic
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here goes...
My new Unit garage comfort seat arrived today and tomorrow I shall post photos of it fitted and gonna go for a long ride to see how it compares to stock.
Happy days

Registered
Great looking seat, it's real leather right?
So did they give advice, or even better some type of chemical to impregnate the leather? I am wondering cause I am also planning to get my original seat reaplostered.

Registered
2018 RNineT Classic
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great looking seat, it's real leather right?
So did they give advice, or even better some type of chemical to impregnate the leather? I am wondering cause I am also planning to get my original seat reaplostered.
Yes it is real leather and very luxurious feel. not sure about how or if it has been impregnated but for the price it costs I would assume it is.

Registered
2018 RNineT Classic
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fitted the seat and just got back from 60mile round trip took just under 2 hours town and suburban riding.

Things I have noticed so far:
Seat is more comfortable, more cushion but still got bit of numb ar$e after about hour and half ride ( oem seat 45 minutes max amd it starts going square)
So yes there is an improvement no doubt but not a huge game changer in that respect.

The biggest improvement I have noticed is no knee, upper back and hip pain which I am ecstatic about!!! Seat is 20mm higher than oem and with wunderlich lowering peg kit this works great! I am 6.2 and the difference is really noticeable as the distance between hips and feet has been increased by 40mm from stock. Bike feels bigger and now I have ordered wilbers shock for rear +25mm which should make bike perfect for my size.
Will take bike out for longer ride in the next week or so and post another review

Hope you guys find this useful (y)

Registered
2018 RNineT Classic
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Over last few days I did plenty of miles on the bike and really pleased with the seat! Also fitted Wilbers 640 rear shock supplied by Rory at Pier City Customs and combination of the two is absolute game changer 馃憣 can not recommend it enough!!

Registered
R NineT Scrambler 2016, R100 Scrambler 1979, R 1200 GS Adventure 2011
Hi @DomKiwi i was looking at the exact same combo for my Scrambler: Wunderlich subframe with light and the unit new seat (+ Wilbers 640 and lowering footpegs as i'm 6"3). From the looks of it the new seat is a perfect fit with the subframe? The end of the seat sticks out a little bit on the second picture, but not sure if that it is just perspective or if its really the shape of the seat which is not aligned? Can you shed some light on it? Looks great though!

Registered
2018 RNineT Classic
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi @DomKiwi i was looking at the exact same combo for my Scrambler: Wunderlich subframe with light and the unit new seat (+ Wilbers 640 and lowering footpegs as i'm 6"3). From the looks of it the new seat is a perfect fit with the subframe? The end of the seat sticks out a little bit on the second picture, but not sure if that it is just perspective or if its really the shape of the seat which is not aligned? Can you shed some light on it? Looks great though!
Hey buddy

Yes I am 6'2 and it makes big difference seat and lower footpegs combo. Also I went with silvers 640 +25mm lifts back end up a touch too. Wish you contacted me 2 weeks earlier I had the whole wunderlich kit up for sale on eBay.

Seat does not stick out passed the bar let me see if I can find more photos to show you

Hope this helps!!

Registered
R NineT Scrambler 2016, R100 Scrambler 1979, R 1200 GS Adventure 2011
Hey buddy

Yes I am 6'2 and it makes big difference seat and lower footpegs combo. Also I went with silvers 640 +25mm lifts back end up a touch too. Wish you contacted me 2 weeks earlier I had the whole wunderlich kit up for sale on eBay.

Seat does not stick out passed the bar let me see if I can find more photos to show you

Hope this helps!!
That helped indeed! The seat is a perfect fit to the frame. Love it. I'll start with the footpegs and seat. Many thanks.

Registered
Sorry to revive an old thread. Anyone know if you can cover the unit garage biposto with the original tan pleather seat cover from the scrambler? I love the color but want to get a more comfortable seat. The wunderlich seat is comfortable but it鈥檚 a little wide and not so much more comfortable that it was worth the price of admission. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts