BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Scrambler and 2020 1250 GSA
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a thread about the new cat sensor on the 21s but thought I’d do a new one about the full exhaust system that Unit garage just finished up.
I ordered the full Ti system w low pipe for my 21 Scrambler about 3 weeks ago and after a lot of back and forth they finished testing and I received the system yesterday.
Their solution for the cat sensor was to put a bung in the flapper delete pipe. I was a little skeptical but today I installed it all and so far it works great!
Put about 40 miles on it and so far no codes!!
Sounds great too! I installed it w/out the db killer and it was excruciatingly loud. W the db killer I think the sound is just perfect.
Anyway, highly recommend Unit Garage. Once again they killed it!!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Pictures please? Thinking of ordering the stainless headers, to use with either my stock exhaust or the Ixil Ironhead cans, which I already have (and prefer to the UG type).

·
Registered
2021 Urban
66 Posts
Well done mate you must be one of the first to do this. I guess there’s a weight saving and improved sound?
the one thing annoys me about the 21 is the lack of any discernible popping on the over run. how’s the new system in this regard?
also if possible it Would be great to see a pic fitted. Cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Major weight savings!!! Not sure how much but it’s amazing the difference. Can’t believe how much the stock Akrapovic mufflers weigh.
Sound is very good but had to add the dB killer, otherwise it was obnoxious.

·
Registered
2021 Urban
66 Posts
Major weight savings!!! Not sure how much but it’s amazing the difference. Can’t believe how much the stock Akrapovic mufflers weigh.
Sound is very good but had to add the dB killer, otherwise it was obnoxious.
Wow looks amazing. Tempted To say the least. What’s your thoughts on the 21 stock susp- rear in particular?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I had the Akrapovic twin pipe.
The stock suspension on this bike seems better than the 2020 I had which was just the classic w the Ohlins front end. It was a lot harsher but I think it was turned purposefully that way. I’m going to start messing with the preload adjustment now that I’ve got the bike where I want it. I’ll report back.
This bike is just for cruising around. Trips I’d take the GSA.

·
Registered
2021 Urban
66 Posts
Cool. I came from a 2020 gs ( couldn’t hold onto it, woman issues). Rear suspension kills me, ok with the front. Thanks so much for your updates, keep us posted dude.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are u considering upgrading the suspension? I’m 6’4” and thinking about the Unit extended height shock.
Would love to hear a review from someone w 21 doing the upgrade 😉. hint....hint

·
Registered
2021 Urban
66 Posts
Are u considering upgrading the suspension? I’m 6’4” and thinking about the Unit extended height shock.

🤣 the Wilbers 640? I was thinking of maxton as they’re not far from me. I’m no mechanic

·
Registered
21 Scrambler
112 Posts
I just finished the full forks and the tall shock is next. first review of the forks is very positve. just shut your eyes and spend the $4k

1 - 20 of 30 Posts