BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me decide here, or give me some better alternatives. Must be 25% useful or something like that...

I messaged UNIT Garage about this fairing in yellow. It is only for UGS but they said it could be manipulated with some savvy my roadster. Pics for reference. Other than that, they haven't been helpful with HOW to put this on. I travel the highway a lot so some wind protection for reducing fatigue would be great. I know "BuT iT's NoT MeAnT fOr ThAt." I agree. BUT, it was an R nineT or another brand at the time. There was no question. Now that we are somewhat past that - I have done my research here on the Rizoma fairing which the tall seems to offer SOME protection for shorter riders (I am 5'7). Also, this yellow windshield looks pretty cool IMO.

Someone knock some sense into whether I should attempt the UNIT Garage windshield or settle for Rizoma. I analyze too much :p

I have a 2014 Classic. I have already considered Daytona, Dart, bikinis. These are the only two I have found that I feel like leaves some nice appearance.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Flash photography Automotive design Space station Headlamp

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
3,140 Posts
The Unit Garage, in yellow is a great looking fairing. The web site says that it is for the Scrambler & Pure only, and I believe that is due to the bracket only being able to work with one clock and no dash. The Roadster has a complete dash that the bracket won't work with. I think if anyone had a single clock (Pure, Scrambler, Urban) and added the second clock, there would be a fitment problem as well.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Unit Garage, in yellow is a great looking fairing. The web site says that it is for the Scrambler & Pure only, and I believe that is due to the bracket only being able to work with one clock and no dash. The Roadster has a complete dash that the bracket won't work with. I think if anyone had a single clock (Pure, Scrambler, Urban) and added the second clock, there would be a fitment problem as well.

Good luck with your choice.

I didn't know they made one for those too, I only saw the other model! The picture above seems to have two gauges too but I can't see how it is fitted unfortunately..
Doesn't look like there's strong a future for this for the roadster. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
I have this unit garage windshield since 2 days for my Urban GS.. so far it helps with reducing wind pressure on my chest. There is a bit more wind noise (not pressure) around the helmet.. but that's acceptable and probably gone when wearing earplugs.

Looking at the rizoma one; i dont think that one does too much in reducing wind.. it's too narrow and short.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This looks nice! I agree I don't think Rizoma is the answer exactly, but it fits and I don't like the aesthetics of the rest I've seen. Unit Garage told me my roadster clamps are a different angle is why the fit is an issue although they said a mechanic can fix that without further explanation. Maybe I should have got a UGS or Scrambler :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts