BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
BMW r nine t urban GS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have installed the high exhaust from Unit Garage (love the look, the sound!) but it seems that my tyre touches the exhaust from time to time (see below pictures). Do you know if I can do something about it? Is it a problem with the way I fixed it?

Many thanks!
Julien

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,950 Posts
@jtrouillet

Look at post #39 in the link below. This is where I did a write up of my installation. You seem to have a big spacer pushing yours towards your tire, and I do not.

·
Registered
BMW r nine t urban GS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@jtrouillet

Look at post #39 in the link below. This is where I did a write up of my installation. You seem to have a big spacer pushing yours towards your tire, and I do not.

View attachment 140530

Thanks !!

·
Registered
NineT Scrambler 2016
68 Posts

·
Registered
BMW r nine t urban GS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi @Ennistymonjoe,

Yes that's my problem (from my initial post). I will remove the spacer as suggested by @Dauphinais I'm just a bit unsure about the panier (if it's going to be too close to it). I will try and will post pictures.

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
359 Posts
Not just remove it, but also try to put it on the other side, to push the exhaust towards the pannier rack. Withe the panniers you may solve by finding some kind of insulation sheet, as seen in many other solutions (the R1200R hard panniers from BMW had a light aluminium sheet on the part close to the exhaust, for example)

·
Registered
BMW r nine t urban GS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not just remove it, but also try to put it on the other side, to push the exhaust towards the pannier rack. Withe the panniers you may solve by finding some kind of insulation sheet, as seen in many other solutions (the R1200R hard panniers from BMW had a light aluminium sheet on the part close to the exhaust, for example)
Grazie! I will try that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts