Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About time i share the "Build' of my Urban G/S

Added / changed parts so far;

• BMW Oem headlight grille
  • All lights changed to yellow
  • Wunderlich screen
  • BMW logo on front cover
  • Chrome spotlights
  • AC Schnitzer High mount exhaust (rear subframe removed)
  • Puig brake + clutch lever
  • Puig side numberholders
  • Sw motech crashbars

The mods that are going to follow; (in the coming months/years maybe even)
  • Remus stainless headers (matching the AC schnitzer exhaust finish)
  • Radiator guard and skidplate
  • Saddle change to either black or dark brown (Gotta see what goes best with Alpine green)
  • Unit garage rear fender (i like this one more than the Wunderlich one)
  • Lift kit for the bike (making it 2-3cm higher)
  • Airbox covers (From the new 2021 R nine t's)
  • 2V style cylinder head covers (if i can get them at a reasonable price)

A full respray to "BMW Alpina green" (example below)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Meanwhile i removed the Wunderlich screen; too much turbulence around the helmet.

Did order the following mirrors; i think they go nicely with the Urban.

Those are nice looking mirrors - who makes them, where did you buy and how much? Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Meanwhile mounted them (see the what did you do to your urban g/s thread)

They are called "Conero".. made by Highsider.

·
Registered
2017 BMW R9T Pure
180 Posts
that color way looks good although I’d paint match the side plate personally. It pulls focus away from the center of the bike where the eyes naturally want to fall.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey; Yeah in the last picture the side plates look a bit off.. the real colour is in my first post. They are already mounted there.
They are 90% de same colour of metal as the intake snorkel.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mounted the Wunderlich crash pads today for the front axle + paralever
Real good quality, and a simple installation.

And the back side swingarm

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
675 Posts
Mounted crash beep boops front + rear
Those look great! (y)

I'm going to order some axle sliders soon, both front and rear. But for the rear, while looking at my R9T's swingarm it is hard to tell which part of it would touch the ground first. I was going to order both a rear axle slider and a Paralever slider, but I think I'll probably just get the axle slider for now. If I add a Paralever slider later, I might go with something a bit more low profile than the Wunderlich.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those look great! (y)

I'm going to order some axle sliders soon, both front and rear. But for the rear, while looking at my R9T's swingarm it is hard to tell which part of it would touch the ground first. I was going to order both a rear axle slider and a Paralever slider, but I think I'll probably just get the axle slider for now. If I add a Paralever slider later, I might go with something a bit more low profile than the Wunderlich.
I also looked at more low-profile options.. the problem is with those that they do not protect as well as the Wunderlich or other crashpads that stick out a bit.
They have only one single purpose; to stop the bike from sliding and minimizing damage.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
675 Posts
I also looked at more low-profile options.. the problem is with those that they do not protect as well as the Wunderlich or other crashpads that stick out a bit.
They have only one single purpose; to stop the bike from sliding and minimizing damage.
Good point. But I think if I do a decent sized puck on the rear axle, like Wunderlich and Evotech make, I can install a lower profile Evotech slider for the Paralever and if it hits the deck it will still be protected.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Today installed a Boosterplug.. Read allot about this thing and why it would / would not work on 2018> Bikes etc..
My first impressions after a short ride around the block: (Cant ride very far becaues of road salt): stronger idle and engine runs smoother (less on/off throttle effect)

Also removed the yellow foglights and mounted some led lights; they are lower profile and i prefer the look.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Changed my mind (again).. going to mount the foglights but spraying them in the color of the headlight.
Also changed the bolts from the passenger frame into stainless stubby ones.

Made up a mounting system for the foglights today;
ordered some wunderlich clamps, ordered stainless torx bolts (to make it look oem) and put everything together to test.

(Going to get rid of the flange.. going to use a black bushing instead)

The clamps, one with bracket already attached.. other one still needs holes.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered a sticker set for the urban;

Went for a set from Signature costums in black/grey/red.

Also looking at new headers;

Thinking mivv.. they seem good quality and quite cheap. I also like the raw look with the springs on the sides/front balance pipe.. Have not seen this header mounted here on the forum.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some updates on the build;

Spotlight in OEM colors done; with yellow h3 light in it.

Emblem;

And gave the bike a SW-motech treatment.
-Potentiometer guard, skidplate and valve covers.

And the stickers are in; but gotta wait for warmer temps before sticking those on.

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
345 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am still debating on what rear fender to go for..
At this moment the Wunderlich Enduro rear end is on number 1.. If anyone has any alternatives i am all ears.. (already looked at the UNIT garage one aswell)

But then i also have to choose which numberplate holder suits the best; the hugger or the standard enduro holder?

The options;
Standard mounted:

Behind the wheel mounted:

Opinions?

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,312 Posts
New rear fender mounted..
I did not like the open space under the seat when looking from behind, so for my setup I bought a Rizoma undertail which closes the back and sides off nicely.
Have a look in the Barracuda thread if you are interested.

Reactions: Chris.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts