BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Urban GS
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did it go,
well pretty well really. Mods required. Removing mirrors.

Stock suspension seemed fine, bit of boing on one of the change ups but really this is more of a rider issue.

Riding position doesn't look that racy, but again rider could fix this...

See looks better already..
Tyres, (Michelin Pilot 5) were fine few little slides and a few flashes from the traction control... Actually these tyres are great, front was at 15,000km at start of day and back at 10,000km and they are still well above the wear marks....
Petrol... actually didn't use much, the methanol burning Guzzi above was getting through 8 litres a session so 40 for the day... R Nine T did all 5 sessions (169km) plus another 40km on the road to the after party before hitting reserve !

This was all at the Eastern Creek GP circuit in Sydney.... good day all round.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Prambler
507 Posts
Wow, something I never would have thought of trying, an Urban GS on the race track. Bravo to you. Looks like a fun day. Congrats.

Best,
-Tim

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ha, I knew it - she can run :cool:
People are often surprised to see how fast our "lifestyle" bike can be if she is handled properly....
Good one Garthy (y)

·
Registered
566 Posts
WoW!!! And with no fences protecting cylinder...you are Daredevil !!! Hohohoho

I agree with you. Often (almost always) is rider issue not bike issue ...

I know lots of people always are compleining about brakes/suspensions etc ... They Never are satisfied even improving bike wasting lots of money... Because often they also don't know adjust their expensive suspensions!!!

As in Spanish we say: "No es la flecha, es el indio"

"It is not the arrow (bike), it is the Indian/Sioux (rider)".

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice one Garthy. Was it a track day or a training day?

The young bloke and I are going to The Creek on the 10th if the detention is lifted. I'll be on the Urban too, but currently running knobbies (Michelin Anakee Wilds). Me thinks the TC lady will have plenty to say about that during the day. On the plus side, there is a lot of rubber left on the sides to keep her happy, the centre, well that is another story!!! Will hopefully have a pic or two to post.

Pete

·
Registered
2017 Urban GS
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes,
Some of the best riders were supreme at riding around the problems with the bike, Eddie Lawson springs to mind, won a world championship on a bike that wouldn’t stop or turn....There is no way I’m Eddie Lawson but I had a fun day anyway. The R1 / zx 10 lot blew past down the straight but I couldn’t care less....
WoW!!! And with no fences protecting cylinder...you are Daredevil !!! Hohohoho

I agree with you. Often (almost always) is rider issue not bike issue ...

I know lots of people always are compleining about brakes/suspensions etc ... They Never are satisfied even improving bike wasting lots of money... Because often they also don't know adjust their expensive suspensions!!!

As in Spanish we say: "No es la flecha, es el indio"

"It is not the arrow (bike), it is the Indian/Sioux (rider)".

·
Registered
2017 Urban GS
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guzzi club track day...
You will have a blast.
Turn one is quite intimidating standing beside the track but on the bike it’s just a blast, I was backing off at the 100m board then as soon as cranked over driving it hard to the far edge of the track, turn in at perhaps 160...
Knobbies that will make it interesting.

The young bloke and I are going to The Creek on the 10th if the detention is lifted. I'll be on the Urban too, but currently running knobbies (Michelin Anakee Wilds). Me thinks the TC lady will have plenty to say about that during the day. On the plus side, there is a lot of rubber left on the sides to keep her happy, the centre, well that is another story!!! Will hopefully have a pic or two to post.

Pete
Guzz

·
Registered
2017 Urban GS
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha, I knew it - she can run :cool:
People are often surprised to see how fast our "lifestyle" bike can be if she is handled properly....
Good one Garthy (y)
I just love my Urban, 32,000km mostly out in the country on long weekend trips, covid permitting. To me it’s more of a traditional motorcycle than lifestyle but I suppose it depends on the sort of style you run your life by.....

G

·
Registered
63 Posts
How did it go,
well pretty well really. Mods required. Removing mirrors.
View attachment 144687
Stock suspension seemed fine, bit of boing on one of the change ups but really this is more of a rider issue.
View attachment 144690
Riding position doesn't look that racy, but again rider could fix this...
View attachment 144691
See looks better already..
Tyres, (Michelin Pilot 5) were fine few little slides and a few flashes from the traction control... Actually these tyres are great, front was at 15,000km at start of day and back at 10,000km and they are still well above the wear marks....
Petrol... actually didn't use much, the methanol burning Guzzi above was getting through 8 litres a session so 40 for the day... R Nine T did all 5 sessions (169km) plus another 40km on the road to the after party before hitting reserve !

This was all at the Eastern Creek GP circuit in Sydney.... good day all round.
Very nice.. i was suprised by my scrambler on track..

Good fun.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Pete

Hi i tried a couple of years ago on ax41s tyres see 3.45 into video. I was only 8- 10 seconds slower i
On the scrambler than mv f800 and my husqvarna nuda with pirelli SC.
Cheers rich.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts