BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Recently sold my 1200GS as I have lower back problems and need a long seat that i can slide backwards on as needed. The GS was great but with the seat I was kind of locked in without much movement.

I like the look and style of the UGS but have yet to ride one or sit on one, I have read some reviews on youtube and as usual, they are mixed.

For those who are about 6'2, 34'; legs, is the seat firm/soft or comfortable on 2-3hr rides and for those w/ lower back pain, is it noticable on rides? Also, are the footpegs places more forward which helps a bit for us long legged riders

Thanks-

·
Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
212 Posts
Of the two bikes the gs is by far the more comfortable bike. The nine t is easier to get on to and slightly lower, you will see from previous threads that the riding position on most 9t’s a challenge for many. Having said that, there are owners crossing continents on their nine t’ s and they do not complain. The seat per se not the issue. Go test ride one and make a call.

·
Registered
2021 Urban
22 Posts
I too came from a real GS - always going to be better for long haul but i find the Urban more comfortable on a day to day basis. Easier to lug about at home and in car parks etc, to get on and off and suspension ok if your not ragging it. Similar inside leg, 33 and no problem, I actually prefer the seating position.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too went from a 1200 GS to the Scrambler. I sure miss the comfort of the GS on long journey's but love the NineT. I have only a 28" inside leg but now that I have the rear sag adjusted correctly it is an easier bike to ride, but being as tall as you are you may want to get longer suspension in order to be more comfortable, along with a better seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, encouraging information, one thing I forgot to ask is how is the stock seat as far as carrying a passenger if any of you have? Enough room or pushing it comfort wise...

·
Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
212 Posts
Thanks for the replies, encouraging information, one thing I forgot to ask is how is the stock seat as far as carrying a passenger if any of you have? Enough room or pushing it comfort wise...
Male or female, if female, wife or girlfriend, if wife, take her for a spin on bike. She will be difficult to please, but she will be honest in respect of her opinion. :rolleyes: No opinion from anybody else will influence the wife and if she is not comfortable she will not ride with you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts