BMW NineT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Here's the link: Kurzhubgasgriff Accelerate the throttle on your motorcycle. High speed in one movement | Detailed view | für R NineT | Schwabenmax Short Stroke Throttle for R NineT Models

I heard about this from Luis' 2018 Roadster build thread. He installed one, and as soon as I read about it I knew I had to have one! For normal riding I find the normal throttle throw just fine, but when I get into some aggressive riding in twisties and want to go full hard on, off, on etc. I was finding that my wrist was getting sore from trying to twist that distance. This should shorten it up just enough to make that more comfortable.

He was saying that all the Racer Cup bikes will have these for racetrack riding, which also makes sense.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It is coming along very nicely! You made yourself a very unique and original bike!!! I gotta say that your workspace is great with that view and all the natural light :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here's the link: Kurzhubgasgriff Accelerate the throttle on your motorcycle. High speed in one movement | Detailed view | für R NineT | Schwabenmax Short Stroke Throttle for R NineT Models

I heard about this from Luis' 2018 Roadster build thread. He installed one, and as soon as I read about it I knew I had to have one! For normal riding I find the normal throttle throw just fine, but when I get into some aggressive riding in twisties and want to go full hard on, off, on etc. I was finding that my wrist was getting sore from trying to twist that distance. This should shorten it up just enough to make that more comfortable.

He was saying that all the Racer Cup bikes will have these for racetrack riding, which also makes sense.
Interesting, similar concept to the rrrapido fast throttle, but at the grips instead of the other end of the linkage. Very interested to hear the results. The bike is looking great, looking forward to more photos of it on the road when it warms up!

·
Registered
2017 BMW R9T Pure
165 Posts
I like the look. It’s different than others I’ve seen.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I've also continued to farkle. Here is my solution to the need for a longer side stand. I fabbed a block of Ipe wood to follow the contours of my larger side stand base.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
There's about 1 inch space between the bag and the tip of the end can. I was checking the heat situation on every stop - seemed to be fine with highway riding, and temps were up to 29 degrees Celsius. The bottom corner of the bag was warm but not hot. Only unknown is stop and go - thankfully I didn't get into any of that. But I suspect it would be fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey, I just noticed you are a fellow Canadian! Nice work on the bike man. She's looking good!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I've got a few things to do to tailor the ergonomics to my needs. First up is a footpeg lowering kit from MV Motorrad. A little pricey at about 140 euros with shipping, but still a chunk cheaper than the Wunderlich version I was considering. Have you ever been online shopping, had something in the shopping cart and filled out all the billing and shipping details, but you just couldn't click the complete order button? I think I was there about 3 times with the Wunderlich ones. Just couldn't do it for 340 US dollars with shipping. Luckily I came across this alternative on this forum, and I saved myself a few dollars.
The quality of these is excellent, and after a short ride this afternoon I can say wow - big difference. This, in my opinion, puts the seat to peg distance around the same as a modern Adventure bike, which is what I wanted. I have long legs and this was a big reason why I switched from sport bikes to Adventure bikes about 10 years ago. I have the tall suspension, so no issues with losing ground clearance.
Next up will be bar risers for a little more upright position, these are on the way from Aliexpress.
The other reason I am making these changes is to improve posture when standing on the pegs.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
More ergos upgrades. The Highsider mirrors on their own were a little short, giving me an excellent view of my elbows. These mirror extenders from ebay did the trick. Also installed an Atlas throttle lock, which should help relieve my right hand on long rides. The build quality is excellent and I know it works from tests around town but hasn't seen highway use yet. Won't be long.

·
Registered
2017 BMW R9T Pure
165 Posts
I haven’t looked at wunderlich in awhile were the ones you looked at the adjustable ones that looked like they went in a circle? That’s the only ones I remember. I think your choice fits the build / look better. Are you planning a more aggressive peg?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
The Wunderlich ones I looked at were the same design as the MV Motorrad ones - just more expensive lol! I am familiar with the style you mentioned - I guess the advantage is that they can be adjusted rather than just one position. One thing I like about the style I bought is that everything is lowered so the peg to brake pedal is the same. I got the Rizoma pegs for $free.99 so I liked that, and I think they look cool and so far the functionality is really good for me. If I was standing more then I might want a bigger peg but so far I'm not doing a whole lot of that so they are good for the time being.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts