BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to document the installation of the Daedalus tail tidy on my R nineT. This is not as much of a how-to, but rather a cinematic look to give others an idea of the process and what the final result will look like.
I'm very happy with the kit, fit and finish is top notch. It works without any problems and does not throw any codes on the dash.
Let me know what you think about the video or if you have any questions about the kit.

·
Super Moderator
10,345 Posts
WOW what a great video! Thanks for posting this! Super-clear and easy to follow, I think. This video deserves maximum exposure so going to move it to the DIY tutorials section as a "sticky" and also put a link to the video in Daedalus' forum section, they are one of our Site Vendors. :)

Thanks once again to going to all this trouble, this will be a real forum asset! (y)

·
Super Moderator
441 Posts
I decided to document the installation of the Daedalus tail tidy on my R nineT. This is not as much of a how-to, but rather a cinematic look to give others an idea of the process and what the final result will look
Cinematic indeed! Great video - this along with any instructions whatsoever is all anyone will ever need.

·
Super Moderator
10,345 Posts
Cinematic indeed! Great video - this along with any instructions whatsoever is all anyone will ever need.
Couldn't agree more! And Ray, thanks for being a gent and not pointing out what a total dog's breakfast I made of my post above. :eek:What a mess! Cleaned it up now, it must be an age thing, or just rushing about trying to do too many things at once.... ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for the kind feedback!
I've grown a bit tired of the all-too-common videos where someone talks for multiple minutes at the beginning before doing anything, (not that there is anything wrong with those videos, sometimes talking is necessary) but for this video I decided to just let the visuals do all the talking. Wasn't sure how it would be received.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WOW what a great video! Thanks for posting this! Super-clear and easy to follow, I think. This video deserves maximum exposure so going to move it to the DIY tutorials section as a "sticky" and also put a link to the video in Daedalus' forum section, they are one of our Site Vendors. :)

Thanks once again to going to all this trouble, this will be a real forum asset! (y)
Shame that the conversion would be illegal in denmark, rear indicators have to be a minimum 18cm apart. Looks great though

·
Super Moderator
10,345 Posts
Shame that the conversion would be illegal in denmark, rear indicators have to be a minimum 18cm apart. Looks great though
I hear what you are saying and you do raise a good and valuable point. Some parts of the world don't allow integrated indicators, the UK is another country where this is not allowed. Apart from attracting police attention it is also a MOT fail.

HOWEVER there is a solution! Most LED tail companies (e,g, Daedalus, Fancy Bike Thing and Motobox) offer the option of specifying separate indicators and the LED strip will just be a stop/tail light setup. I have a Motobox setup and run external Oberon LED turn signals, works great!

Daedalus are no different if you look at their web site you will see that you can order optional Rizoma indicators with the kit. See the link below:

The video above still is an excellent reference point though, and if Daedalus pre-wire the indicators the setup will still be totally plug and play.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I decided to document the installation of the Daedalus tail tidy on my R nineT. This is not as much of a how-to, but rather a cinematic look to give others an idea of the process and what the final result will look like.
I'm very happy with the kit, fit and finish is top notch. It works without any problems and does not throw any codes on the dash.
Let me know what you think about the video or if you have any questions about the kit.

This is one great video, very nicely done, stile oozes out in every frame. Well done. One question is this Daedalus Minima tail tidy or the first original one ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts