BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Guys!
Post your bikes and location here :) Let's see how many of us are in New Zealand :D

I'm in Wellington! View attachment 136505
Hi TomJoz, R Ninet classic here in Hamilton. Usual ride is a quick ride over the hill to Raglan. Upcoming group ride around the east coast staying in either Gisbourne or Napier

·
Registered
2020 Urban GS
24 Posts
Hi. I'm in Methven. :)

Reactions: BaldyDave

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
154 Posts
Hi guys, I just wanted to have a look on how your bikes work down under :cool:

Reactions: Molly

·
Registered
2020 Urban GS
24 Posts
I know that spot. Photographed a few bikes there over the years.

Reactions: AceBanana

·
Registered
2020 Urban GS
24 Posts
How many of you have done the ACC Ride Forever courses? Did the Silver a few months ago and got my Gold course today. Can recommend it. Each one's worth $50 off my insurance (Protecta) plus $200 back on your rego. They don't cost anything, they're fun to do, and even if, like me, you've been riding 40-odd years there's still a lot to learn.

·
Registered
2020, Urban GS
9 Posts
How many of you have done the ACC Ride Forever courses? Did the Silver a few months ago and got my Gold course today. Can recommend it. Each one's worth $50 off my insurance (Protecta) plus $200 back on your rego. They don't cost anything, they're fun to do, and even if, like me, you've been riding 40-odd years there's still a lot to learn.
That’s great to hear - I’ve been toying with the idea of doing the silver then gold, or even the commuter then gold ... like you, been riding for many years but good for a refresher and for the discount on the rego! Who did you go through?

·
Registered
2020 Urban GS
24 Posts
Ornsby at Ruapuna Raceway. Would definitely recommend them. If you leave three months between courses you can claim the rego refund. I'm doing another Gold soon. You can do as many as you like. The focus varies depending on the group.

·
Registered
2020 Urban GS
24 Posts
Did the Gold on Saturday. Five guys and a tutor. Went up to Culverden and on to Rotherham, heading north to Waiau for lunch. Came home through the Rakaia Gorge. Just shy of 500km. Some challenging riding on the twisties with ice gravel everywhere (always has me anxious - need to learn to ride it) but I got some useful feedback on bad habits I wasn't even aware I have.

·
Registered
2020, Urban GS
9 Posts
Did the Gold on Saturday. Five guys and a tutor. Went up to Culverden and on to Rotherham, heading north to Waiau for lunch. Came home through the Rakaia Gorge. Just shy of 500km. Some challenging riding on the twisties with ice gravel everywhere (always has me anxious - need to learn to ride it) but I got some useful feedback on bad habits I wasn't even aware I have.
That sounds fantastic. Will definitely get myself booked in!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts