BMW NineT Forum banner
41 - 60 of 184 Posts

· Registered
492 Posts
I'm considering the Compition Werkes exhaust.

Primarily because I like how small it is.

My bike is in solo mode :

Plus, I like that it comes in satin black or Tungsten

But

I'm not a farkles guy.
More of a form follows functions.

Hence, me starting this thread.
I'd hate to find out something about it after I've gotten it.

Like maybe, because it is so small, I will , significantly, loose low end torque.

Or something I'm not aware of.

Thanks gents.

· Registered
468 Posts
I'm considering the Compition Werkes exhaust.

Primarily because I like how small it is.

My bike is in solo mode :

Plus, I like that it comes in satin black or Tungsten

But

I'm not a farkles guy.
More of a form follows functions.

Hence, me starting this thread.
I'd hate to find out something about it after I've gotten it.

Like maybe, because it is so small, I will , significantly, loose low end torque.

Or something I'm not aware of.

Thanks gents.
I've had mine for easily 8 months now and it doesn't impact the bikes performance at all. It can be loud at speed when the bike is hot but that's all. I haven't noticed any drop off in torque either. I bought the carbon fiber unit and the only draw back is the detail of the weave pattern has browned out. I think you'll be very happy if you decide to buy.

· Registered
30 Posts
I love mine. I had the 70's Spark on for a week and didn't like it. I love the look (people hate the badge but I think it suits), the welds, the weight, the size, the sound is awesome and performance is great. Think it really works with the look I was going for on my machine.

Attachments

· Registered
492 Posts
Wow

I didn't know there were so many guys with the CW exhaust.

We've got Mike Belafi, Spoon and Bob.

My only concern was loss of low end torque. Because, as I've read, shorter exhaust yield high speed performance at the low end torque expense. And vice versa.

· Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Single cans look lame IMO. The double can suits the 9T's heritage appeal, singles modernise to a sportsbike look.

What's amusing is that the OE Akra can is $1600. BMW should have made this the aftermarket muffler, not the single... everyone would then want it :)

Reactions: Scrambler and Kenko

· Registered
2,801 Posts
I love mine. I had the 70's Spark on for a week and didn't like it. I love the look (people hate the badge but I think it suits), the welds, the weight, the size, the sound is awesome and performance is great. Think it really works with the look I was going for on my machine.
Drool. That looks mean and loud.

· Registered
492 Posts
Single cans look lame IMO. The double can suits the 9T's heritage appeal, singles modernise to a sportsbike look.

What's amusing is that the OE Akra can is $1600. BMW should have made this the aftermarket muffler, not the single... everyone would then want it :)
I actually do the find the double barrels appealing. Till I went solo.
With the solo seat configuration, I feel the bike is out of balance.
It feels like those tiny Japanese cars with huge spoilers.

I don't have any objection to the exhaust, but don't you think the colors it's available in will clash with all the pink on your bike?
:mob::giggle:

· Registered
492 Posts
I managed to get this photo from CW. It depicts all the available colorways:

From L-R

Gold - satin silver - mag silver - titanium - tungsten - cobalt - black velvet - cobra black

[/URL]

Which would suit my motorcycle best, gents?

I'm thinking either cobalt or black velvet.

41 - 60 of 184 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.