BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pure
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to start off by saying that any help is appreciated; I was putting my bike back together after a tune up and have a question about a few parts. The first is a 'guard' that came from under the positive battery terminal block. I'm not sure what it's for and which way to mount it (facing up or down). The second is what is the electronic piece that's under my seat? Looks like a relay of some sort. My real question is how & where should it be mounted. It just sort of flops around in the under seat area. I can zip tie it down but I'd prefer an OEM mounting position if possible. I'm the second owner so I'm not sure what the prior owner did other than remove the flap and put on a header.

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Pic #1 is a bracket used for mounting the Tank Bag strap. If you aren't using the OEM tank bag, There's no point in re-installing it. If you are going to reinstall it, Mount it to the Black plastic Battery terminal block. Pic #2 appears to be the wiring harness plug for the tail lights. It just lays in the Black plastic tray under the seat next to the Aluminum electrical box.

·
Registered
2017 Pure
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pic #1 is a bracket used for mounting the Tank Bag strap. If you aren't using the OEM tank bag, There's no point in re-installing it. If you are going to reinstall it, Mount it to the Black plastic Battery terminal block. Pic #2 appears to be the wiring harness plug for the tail lights. It just lays in the Black plastic tray under the seat next to the Aluminum electrical box.
Thank you

·
Registered
2019 Urban GS
52 Posts
#2 is the starter relay. This sits under the bike on the charcoal canister bracket (if your bike had one). If the canister has been removed then the relay has likely been moved up into the tray under the seat. You can drill a couple of 5mm holes in the tray and cable tie the relay down.

Hood Trunk Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Pure
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I know that the canister was removed on my bike and this makes sense now. I’ll do the same to secure it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts