BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be interesting to learn what cars other NineTowners drive beside the bike!

I have a 2009 BMW 320d today.

Looking to buy a new next year.
Having my eyes on the new Alfa Romeo Giulia and hoping they present a Estate version for next year.

What do you drive?

·
Premium Member
3,226 Posts
Have an Audi S3 sedan now, had a BMW 1M Coupe before.... should never have gone to Audi.... just ordered a BMW M2 last week :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Infiniti Q50 Hybrid sports. 360hp and 550Nm of torque and I get 6.2litres/100km in the city all day long. Plus it does 0-100km in under 5 seconds. Impressive for a hybrid!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
2012 TDI Jetta Sportwagen
2016 Subaru Crosstrek
2008 Ford F-450 DRW Lariat
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (modified)
2003 BMW M3 Coupe 6-speed

The last 3 are the ones that (only) I drive.

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,625 Posts
Cheap and cheerful Kia Proceed diesel.... Looks faster than it goes! lol Not ever let me down though....

I spend serious money on bikes, not cars.... ;)

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Like George, I like Boxer engines. HOWEVER........no place in my life for a 911 or a Boxter these days (been there and do miss them) and have no desire to drive a current Subaru with a CVT. Shame, as an Outback would be on my current list. Currently drive, a 2000 Ford Expedition (70,000 miles), 2002 530i (140,000 miles), and a 1977 MB450sl (68,000 miles). Do plan on replacing the Expedition and 530i with one car in the future. If I was doing it today, it would be an Audi Q5, or a Porsche Macan. I drove my last BMW 270,000 miles, so who knows when I do the combination. My son says I need a one bedroom house with a 10 car garage, instead of a 4 bedroom house with a 2 car garage.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
My first BMW was an old 1602. Wow what a great ride! However I was to young and stupid to understand the role oil plays in an engine. I still miss it!
Fast forward to 21st Century, gave Ford a chance to provide simple, hassle-free support to our growing family. Falcon sedans, wagons and utes - not bad .... but when it was the to give up the Ute, I found this 10 year old, low mileage, black VW Passat - with 2ltr Golf GTI engine ... yep, convinced me! Nice commuter. Cheap on fuel. Some get up and go if I want to do the sports thingy .... that'll do me :happy:

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Ford one tonne ute for work, brand new Suzuki Vitara for the wife! Keep the wife happy= leaves me alone to do bike stuff, lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I drive a 2006 Mercedes SLK 280 with a manual 6 speed transmission. I bought my 9T 6 weeks ago and my wife bought a new Subaru Legacy with the boxer engine one week later--seems fair. I'm keeping her old Civic as my Canadian winter beater.

Traded my Mercdes R350 on the bike.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts