BMW NineT Forum banner

181 - 200 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
I gave up a 1961 Mk3 Austin Healey I had since high school and a project 1971 Triumph GT6 (I always wanted an XKE Jag) a few years ago after falling ill with cancer. I won’t live long enough to see them come to fruition and it was to painful to see them just sit there. My girl bought a Chevy Cruz and I got the R9T of my dreams. Unless it’s raining cats and dogs I’m UpOn2 always. My sweetie of 18 years now won’t even ride a motorcycle which both disappoints and delights me at the same time. Riding double is like two people on a horse, just not fun. If she’d ride a moto I get a bike just for her but she won’t even consider it. When we vacation I set out a couple weeks ahead of her UpOn2 then she flys out to join me. It works out for both of us. I’m still trying to figure out who to leave my BlitzSchnell to when I’m gone. Luck guy! Cheers

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mustang ... the plain jane 3.6 with stick shift and the Ford performance pack ..."function over form", the all-alloy unblown motor lighter (2 secs slower than it's 5.0L big brother), way more efficient with "consummables", no turbo lag and I can do without all the other "driver assist" technology.

"Envoyé de mon Android Phone en utilisant Tapatalk"

·
Registered
907 Posts
Mustang ... the plain jane 3.6 with stick shift and the Ford performance pack ..."function over form", the all-alloy unblown motor lighter (2 secs slower than it's 5.0L big brother), way more efficient with "consummables", no turbo lag and I can do without all the other "driver assist" technology.

Gorgeous color Chris. Does she have a name ? I know in my heart your wife’s name must be “Sally”. For you youngsters out there check Google for a 60’s musical rock and roll hit called ... “Mustang Sally” I cant tell you how many times I drove down the street at 16 years old dancing in the seat of a Red 1965 3 speed 6 cylinder Ford Mustang singing at the top of my lungs so glad to be alive. You driving a grand piece of history Chris and how beautifully that car has matured. Don’t miss that movie “Ford vs. Ferrari” that GT history is rich. I was in love with the Shelby 350 GT for years .. Big Smile on my face ... Cheers Mate

·
Registered
237 Posts
Gorgeous color Chris. Does she have a name ? I know in my heart your wife’s name must be “Sally”. For you youngsters out there check Google for a 60’s musical rock and roll hit called ... “Mustang Sally” I cant tell you how many times I drove down the street at 16 years old dancing in the seat of a Red 1965 3 speed 6 cylinder Ford Mustang singing at the top of my lungs so glad to be alive. You driving a grand piece of history Chris and how beautifully that car has matured. Don’t miss that movie “Ford vs. Ferrari” that GT history is rich. I was in love with the Shelby 350 GT for years .. Big Smile on my face ... Cheers Mate
Thank you for your kind words and appreciation.
Yes, I crank up the song "Mustang Sally" while driving and it puts a smile on my face - priceless!
The only thing that matches and perhaps surpasses, is riding my R9T.
Am sorry to hear about your fight with the big C, all I can say is "Ride on"

·
Registered
907 Posts
Thank you for your kind words and appreciation.
Yes, I crank up the song "Mustang Sally" while driving and it puts a smile on my face - priceless!
The only thing that matches and perhaps surpasses, is riding my R9T.
Am sorry to hear about your fight with the big C, all I can say is "Ride on"

Life is much like ride on your moto Chris. You can only be in one gear at a time but as long as the clutch is out and your not slipping your going to get where your going. Keep a smile on you face, ...the bugs out of your teeth and your tank topped of and you’ll be ready for what ever fate awaits you. I hate to be so cliche’ but ol Spock had it right, when he said: “Live long & Prosper” I did and I have. When I leave it will be with a smile on my face and my hand on the throttle, the engine will be screaming a beautiful note and the wind will be whistling in my ears. See you the other side ..... fair thee well and always StayUpOn2 ✌?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I drive a 13 year old 2007 Toyota Highlander, 4 cyl FWD
Very reliable, faithful.
Haven't found a replacement vehicle that I like yet.
Has great visibility, easy, inexpensive to maintain
Will keep using it.

181 - 200 of 224 Posts