BMW NineT Forum banner

201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
This one. Slipped off a dune face a few months back. It's steeper than it looks. Keep the horizon horizontal. All you can do is gas it and turn into the slide hoping you can get the nose pointing downhill. Otherwise you'll roll.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Its a Scott Spark 700 Ultimate Di2
Just about carbon everything and it tips the scales at just under 22lbs.
This is a fun bike to ride.
Nice MTB! I use to be in cycling, still have a Litespeed titanium frame road bike with carbon forks, custom carbon wheelset and Sram Red component set. The complete bike came in around 17lbs, in the process it was a total waste of money to bring the bike as light as possible because I was not competing in any cycling event. I noticed for quite a while now that bikes, bike parts and the cost of cycling in general seems to have risen steeply over the years. Overall the cost of cycling stuff has risen disproportionately when compared to other things. Granted, advances in technology have brought exotic new materials and processes, but cycling seems to be getting more and more expensive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice MTB! I use to be in cycling, still have a Litespeed titanium frame road bike with carbon forks, custom carbon wheelset and Sram Red component set. The complete bike came in around 17lbs, in the process it was a total waste of money to bring the bike as light as possible because I was not competing in any cycling event. I noticed for quite a while now that bikes, bike parts and the cost of cycling in general seems to have risen steeply over the years. Overall the cost of cycling stuff has risen disproportionately when compared to other things. Granted, advances in technology have brought exotic new materials and processes, but cycling seems to be getting more and more expensive.
Agreed on expense of mtbs...I paid $3500 for my 2015 Norco Aurum 6.2 when new...first 'new' bike I've ever had and even the next year to get a similar spec bike with true DH geo and suspension, you were looking at $4000+

I remember getting shit from co-workers when I told them how much I was looking at spending for a new replacement rear shock! My boss told me he could get 4 new performance type shocks for his truck for the price of my single shock.

Once of the DH scene I bought myself a Chromag and never looked back

·
Registered
11 Posts
I work for BMW and you are my new hero. You can’t get much more fun in driving than your line up right there. Nice,
The M235i has been slightly modified. I'm running a Stage 2 Dinan upgrade resulting in 392 hp and 444 ft-lbs of torque. The front has been lowered a half inch and the rear an inch with Dinan springs. I replaced the the lower control arms with a Dinan monoball kit. I also have Dinan front and rear adjustable adjustable sway bars. Finally, I also have their performance exhaust installed. The performance and handling of what was already a good car is now greatly improved.
The 2006 Z4M Roadster has had all the bushings replaced with urethane ones and the shocks have been replaced with Bilsteins. A BMW Strut brace was also added. Besides preventative maintenance nothing else has been done. We bought it in 2007 with 1800 miles on it. It now has 137,000 miles.
I'm waiting to see what goodies become available for the M40.
For hunting, fishing, hauling, long trips with my wife and dog, and driving in snow and winter conditions I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7 liter Hemi V-8. I've had Jeep Grand Cherokees since the first came out in 1994, everyone has had a V-8. I've only owned BMWs for 20 years.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I’ve tracked the 135i and it was an utterly fantastic car, much more predictable and manageable than the same year ‘09 M3 coupe, at least in the controlled environment of The Spartanburg track. I also have some experience with the Z4M too. The Z4M is a car you should hold on to, it’s a car that you want to drive It like you stole it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve tracked the 135i and it was an utterly fantastic car, much more predictable and manageable then the same year ‘09 M3 coupe, in the controlled environment of The Spartanburg track. I also have some experience with the Z4M too. The Z4M is a car you should hold on to, it’s a car you want to drive like you stole it.
My wife and I have taken the one day M School with the National Capitol Chapter of the BMWCCA. We are the Maryland Reps for the Z Series Sports Car Club of America. We do drive the Z4M like we stole it. We have no intention of selling it. Since we have limited garage space it resides in the Collectors Car Corrall near us. The place is temperature controlled and the air is filtered. I stopped by the other day to look a my log book to see what needs to be done; oil change, manual transmission fluid change (I use Redline MTL) and rear differential flush and fill (whatever the magic elixir BMW uses will do). I know people complain about the dealer's service departments, however I have never had a complaint about mine. The tech who works on my cars is now the shop foreman and he still works on my cars. That's been going on for 13 years now. When I would come up with ideas about what I wanted to do he tell me the pros and cons or just tell me no. He told one of the other techs that the owners of the Z4M were not your typical Z4 owners, rather we were serious drivers. In fact, he set the sway bars settings on the M235 based on how we drive, he wasn't wrong!
If you work at the Performance Center track down Mike Renner. I sent him a copy of the Cruizin' Newz (official publication of the ZSCCA). My wife and I co-authored an article comparing the Z4M, the M235i and the new Z4M40i. We have driven all three cars on the same roads. All three cars have different feels. My wife prefers the Z4M more because she likes its smaller feel. I like them all!

201 - 216 of 216 Posts