BMW NineT Forum banner

141 - 160 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts

I live on an island, riding pretty much all year. Now that it has snowed, my bikes are away until the road salt clears. my mini truck is my snow machine/recovery vehicle.

here it is in action taking my /2 outfit to my garage for winter. as you can see, it just fit on the back. the /2 is my largest machine, the 9t fits with ease.
Love the truck! Really love the bike!!

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,625 Posts
Not in the same league as some members cars, but it gets me around. :)

Golf GT Edition 150

Replaced the Kia I had for the last 4 years.

Quite nippy and handles really well for a family hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
But the stick was killing me in my rush hour commute. So back to boring, but nice, automatic for a while.
I know exactly what you mean. I almost never drove the 911 cab to work downtown. 1, I was worried about someone hitting me in the rear, which happened twice with my previous car, and 2, it was just too much work! I still prefer the manual though, just cause its fun. Auto for daily driver though.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Mine comes next month...have you done anything special to yours? Lowered? Tune?
I haven't felt the need to honestly, I love it the way it is. I think it needs Pilot Super Sports instead of the continental sport it comes on. Also put more track oriented brake pads in because the fronts disappeared after one track day. Many people have tuned the car and raved about the performance with no issues. Some tuning kits claim to get the car over 400bhp with minimal mods. Ive had the car for over a year and the only thing at this point that I want to do is delete the exhaust resonator..it is like a second muffler. People say there is zero drone and a good increase in sound. The car really doesn't have an exhaust note stock.

You'll love the car! You should join golfmk7.com a lot of guys on there with tunes and suspension mods.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I haven't felt the need to honestly, I love it the way it is. I think it needs Pilot Super Sports instead of the continental sport it comes on. Also put more track oriented brake pads in because the fronts disappeared after one track day. Many people have tuned the car and raved about the performance with no issues. Some tuning kits claim to get the car over 400bhp with minimal mods. Ive had the car for over a year and the only thing at this point that I want to do is delete the exhaust resonator..it is like a second muffler. People say there is zero drone and a good increase in sound. The car really doesn't have an exhaust note stock.

You'll love the car! You should join golfmk7.com a lot of guys on there with tunes and suspension mods.
Thanks much for the info...I have a feeling I'll too keep it as is for the first little while...alothough the resonator delete has piqued my interest...

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
Mk7 Golf R. Great daily, fun on a track too. Mines a 6 speed manual
Mine comes next month...have you done anything special to yours? Lowered? Tune?
Same here. I have a Stage 1 tuned 2016 TSI 4dr. I'll be trading that in for a 2017 Golf R. Just an amazingly versatile and joy to drive car. I second guessed myself when I bought last year and opt'd for the TSI, since it's mostly just a commuter car for me. I should have known better :) The heart wants what the heart wants.

141 - 160 of 203 Posts