BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a cornball topic however this type of thread has been very entertaining and extremely informative on other forums. Our souped up NC Miata has multiple improvements, the ideas gleaned from a similar thread at miata.net, and the little tips gained over the years now seem essential. Obviously technical specifics should be posted in the appropriate forum however a general digest of daily tinkering or even that awesome ride you took today may inspire someone to expand their R nineT envelope.

So, today I installed the Ohlins Steering Damper. It almost seems like it's upside down but thats what the instructions show. Next was surveying the available real estate in the frame behind the steering head for the small Stebel Nautilus tooter that arrived today. Tight fit indeed if this is going to work. And finally, I stared at the bike for a long time as usual, with most of the constructive thoughts towards the next generation of my tail tidy (thanks again Marc Australia).

Hopefully tomorrow I can post that I took Li'l B for a long, long ride instead of just dinking with the bike.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Charged the battery.

It wouldn't start this morning and denied playing hooky from work. If it doesn't fire up tomorrow morning I'll have it taken in for service and a battery replacement.

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
I find these sort threads are annoying as PIA to find info in them. IMO rather post a new thread or add to a relevant existing thread. That way subjects are kept correctly categorized.

Reactions: jigsaw

·
Registered
30 Posts
Put a BMW badge in the engine cover. My wife was upset that a piece of coloured plastic cost $88.

But I think it really ties the bike together and completes the picture. :p

·
Registered
907 Posts
Well let’s see, I wiped her down head to foot. Polished her toe nails, combed her hair, picked out something sexy for her to wear.......... oh wait your talking about your bike. Well, I wiped her down head to foot, checked her oil, polished her bits an pieces, wiped all the bug bits off her face, checked her tire pressures, started her up and rev’ed her a bit ...and then just sat there staring at her ...sipping on my beer wishing this damn flu bug would run it’s course and let me ride again. I’m tired of sitting on my hands. The weather in Texas today was 83 degrees and clear sky’s.... damnit ! I should be UpOn2 not waiting on the flu ! Blitz

·
Registered
R9T scrambler 2020
93 Posts
Put a BMW badge in the engine cover. My wife was upset that a piece of coloured plastic cost $88.

But I think it really ties the bike together and completes the picture. :p
I did the same. It’s a “to be done” thing in my opinion. Just no more wife and few euros to buy a replacement emblem on AliExpress. 😂😂

·
Registered
19 Posts
might be the 2 weeks isolating I had to do because of possible exposure at work ( hospital engineering), but I’ve fancied checking out a high fender on the Pure. So I made my own out of a Suzuki 250 rear I had in the garage, just had to make the bracket.
What d’ya think? Don’t worry, you’re allowed to trash it, I’m not sensitive haha! (or sick, tested neg, back to work tomorrow). 2B24C961-D94D-4274-8609-C2D789EB6F5C.jpeg

·
Registered
2019 R nineT Scrambler Option 719
18 Posts
might be the 2 weeks isolating I had to do because of possible exposure at work ( hospital engineering), but I’ve fancied checking out a high fender on the Pure. So I made my own out of a Suzuki 250 rear I had in the garage, just had to make the bracket.
What d’ya think? Don’t worry, you’re allowed to trash it, I’m not sensitive haha! (or sick, tested neg, back to work tomorrow). View attachment 130752
I dig it. Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
That's a good steal, what brand is that bag?
That's the BMW bag. They go for a lot more usually!
£200 new.
They're great bags as they have a moulded bottom to fit over the rear seat.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts