BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 19 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2018 r nine t pure
187 Posts
Finally got some new tires, went with TKC 70s. These tires handle... different! Gonna take some getting used to, feels like it really wants to lean. Can't wait to break them in and ride on a couple of fire roads near by!

Also recently added the unit garage fork protectors, hope they help prevent any more rust issues.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

· Registered
2018 r nine t pure
187 Posts
Today I installed a few things I picked up from the market place - Krauser crash bars, BMW headlight grill and tank bag strap. I also reinstalled my Chinese-made-rizoma-copy fly screen after painting it (it had faded to a brownish/bronze color; my crummy paint job will suffice for now 😃).

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

I was planning to swap the seat cover back to the brown leather (the Luimoto suede gets kinda soaked in the rain) but I was running out of daylight and just couldn't bring myself to do it. It just looks too good.

Time to go for a ride tomorrow!

· Registered
2018 r nine t pure
187 Posts
@Benkos - please can you let me know where you got your chrome bar end mirrors from? Thx.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These are the mirrors I have:
I've been really happy with them, they're a good size, little to no vibration, sit nice and close to the bar, and have withstood the elements very well.

· Registered
2018 r nine t pure
187 Posts
Today I installed a few things I picked up from the market place - Krauser crash bars, BMW headlight grill and tank bag strap. I also reinstalled my Chinese-made-rizoma-copy fly screen after painting it (it had faded to a brownish/bronze color; my crummy paint job will suffice for now 😃).

View attachment 150301
View attachment 150300

I was planning to swap the seat cover back to the brown leather (the Luimoto suede gets kinda soaked in the rain) but I was running out of daylight and just couldn't bring myself to do it. It just looks too good.

Time to go for a ride tomorrow!
...and the ride was good 😁
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Cloud

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

· Registered
2018 r nine t pure
187 Posts
Ok @Noel61 at what speed are you cruisin’ in the outback?!? And how ‘bout same mesh in front of your visor then? Reminds me of: https://www.ninetowners.com/threads...olour-so-it-must-be-true.147786/#post-1103518
Thanks for this @Norbi now I'm compelled to add an air intake guard. Come to think of it, I did recently find a massive dead dragonfly wedged between my right cylinder and the air intake... Good thing it missed! Can't imagine that would have done anything good 😅

· Registered
2018 r nine t pure
187 Posts
Yesterday, I walked outside to find my bike laying on its side with a note from a neighbor who bumped into it 😫 luckily the only damage was some really minor scratches to the muffler and left mirror. Good thing I put those crash bars on! They work! 😅

While tightening my mirrors, I decided to try hanging them under the bar again... still harder to see BUT I found it's much easier to split lanes as my mirrors are now much lower than most car mirrors, and the cover is easier to put on! I think I'll get used to this.

· Registered
2018 r nine t pure
187 Posts
I received my Puig rear hugger back from the paint shop today:
View attachment 151968

Looks much better with the bracket painted to match the front brackets and hugger matching the Blue Planet Metallic. Normally, I would have this installed in about 10 minutes, but unfortunately, I crashed riding my Triumph Tiger 1200 XCA last week and now have two fractures in my left ankle. A car had catastrophic engine failure the day before and sprayed oil all through the apex of a corner and for another 100 yards to where it was parked on the side of the road with a huge oil puddle underneath. Just my luck, the town had not cleaned it up and my front tire lost grip immediately as I was leaned over for the corner. Fortunately, I was not traveling more than 35-40 mph and didn't impact anything but the ground. So, I'm off the Moto for a while and trying to regain my confidence in the meantime. I'll post a photo of the hugger after it is installed with a friends help.
That looks awesome, real sorry to hear about your crash and injury though! Here's to a full and speedy recovery, mental and physical!

· Registered
2018 r nine t pure
187 Posts
Today, after a wash, I got around to installing an air intake guard I picked up from the market place here.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Just waiting on a radiator guard, then definitely due for some slightly more adventurous riding, at least as adventurous as this bike can handle without an upgraded read shock and a 19" front wheel... those remain on the wishlist for now... in the mean time, I think some fire roads are in order!! 😅😆

· Registered
2018 r nine t pure
187 Posts
I removed a bunch of accessories today: crash bars, bash plate, oil cooler guard, headlight grill, fly screen, and rear rack. After riding a few fire roads recently, I finally came to a few conclusions - 1. As much as I'd like to plan a trip to Guatemala or the Dempster Highway, I'm not taking that type of trip until my kids are much older; 2. I'll need to invest in a second bike if I ever want to go on any "proper" adventures (maybe an UGS with an upgraded suspension); 3. I didn't buy this bike for adventure riding, I bought it for the simplicity and the "cool" factor, and a big part of me missed the look of the bike without all this stuff.

I'm definitely keeping the scrambler high bench seat, bar end mirrors, center stand and air intake guard, but the rest felt unnecessary for now.

· Registered
2018 r nine t pure
187 Posts
I successfully swapped my bar today to a Rizoma ma011b. I debated paying to have it done (I don't have a garage and the most involved accessory I've added to this point was a pair of crash bars I've put on and taken off twice) but after re-reading the
@BaldyDave diy bar swap thread for the Nth time (thanks for that!), I figured what the hell.

It was pretty smooth besides learning the hard way I need to invest in some sturdier drill bits, I broke almost half a dozen drilling pilot holes... 😅
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Road surface Asphalt Wood Grey Automotive tire

I'm so far pretty happy with this bar. The change in look was more subtle than I thought it would be and the change in feel more significant. The right switchgear is a little too close for comfort to the tank, so gotta adjust the angle ever so slightly and try it out on a longer ride. 😁

· Registered
2018 r nine t pure
187 Posts
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Today I adjusted my new handlebars a little bit, had to re-drill the left side as the switchgear was angled too far back anf my clutch kept hitting my high beams 🤦‍♂️ but now everything's right in place and I really like these handlebars. I also finally reinstalled the tank bag strap after getting the tank resprayed, and looking forward to making a north bay oyster run real soon.

· Registered
2018 r nine t pure
187 Posts
New year, new oil, filter, and final drive fluid!

I was admittedly a little nervous to do this service myself as I've never serviced my own vehicle beforehadn't even removed the wheels on my 9T (also in light of a recent thread on an oil filter change gone horribly awry), but everything went relatively smoothly. 🙂

Attachments

1 - 19 of 21 Posts