BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 18 of 40 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 Pure
213 Posts
Deleted my subframe and replaced the stock exhaust with a Bos Outlaw slip on - oh what a nasty snarl it has. I left the flapper in place for now since I have a set of Akraprovic headers to install after first service. I think the bike lost about 20 lbs in that process. Also added a ViziTech SupaBrake III brake light modulator...I will be seen and heard!!

Tire Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Vehicle
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas

· Premium Member
2022 Pure
213 Posts
Installed Unit Garage Oil Cooler Shield. I read most of the differing opinions on these shields and their contribution to overheating (or just temp increase). So I deferred to the experts, my Dealership's Service Team. I deemed them experts since they are located in Palm Bay Florida and the local road surface temps get over 145 F. during our 6 months of Summer. Their answer was - "Good to Go, no adverse affect".

Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
2022 Pure
213 Posts
A trusted vendor of quality hardware may have some or all of their hardware produced in China. But, not wanting to put "crap" on the street with their name on it, they will put in place stringent manufacturing processes, material control, and quality monitoring and inspections. Then they will stand behind their mark.
The Chinese will pirate a design and produce a "fake" without the above controls at a fraction of the cost. Remember, looks are not everything, it takes a whole lot of investigation to determine if parts are equivalent, we have a Malfunction Lab here at work for just that reason and their analyses are not cheap.
And, it's hard to predict the failure mode of poorly made hardware, it might just be rust or it might be catastrophic.
I will not take the risk of buying any off brand Chinese made parts for my motorcycle, truck, or firearms. If I am staking my life on it I am going to buy the best - as I can judge it. That does not always mean the most expensive - but it usually rules out fake.

· Premium Member
2022 Pure
213 Posts
FWIW, my SW Motech right side bar bent in a slow speed drop in the mud. I realize the crash bars are sacrificial in nature, but I am surprised how badly it performed in such a minor event. It makes me question the value of any of these similarly designed bars.
Just to be clear, I was generalizing above - certainty not endorsing any particular vendor. And you can see from an earlier post I have not had good luck with SW Motech either. Ha!

· Premium Member
2022 Pure
213 Posts
I took my 2022 PURE to the dealer yesterday for my initial "break in" service. I chatted with the parts department about possible windscreen options and a BMW tail bag while waiting on my bike. My salesman saw me waiting and stopped by for a quick chat. He was kind enough to listen to my stories of early adventures aboard my new dream cycle. With the service appointment out of the way now I don't have to ration my riding time/miles!
Your Free!!

· Premium Member
2022 Pure
213 Posts
I mounted a pair of Rizoma fog lights to be used as running lights, I'm hoping these LEDs are constant duty (that's a question if anyone knows).
Decided after I ordered them I really wanted amber lenses. Since Rizoma doesn't offer that as an option I came up with a fix and ordered some more hardware.
COMING SOON - Modifying Rizoma fog lights to Amber!

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

· Premium Member
2022 Pure
213 Posts
Think about airflow for the oil/air cooled boobies and aggregate. This all is much covering including the quite solid looking guard for the oilcooler.
Yes thanks - I live in Florida where is is HOT almost year round, and I have read the differing opinions on our forum about the airflow, so I did consider that issue. I spoke with the technicians at my dealership before doing the installs and they had not seen any heat related issues from these type accessories. So far I have not seen any difference on either the computer display or the temp gage I installed. Lately is been a steady 95 F when I've been riding - I will continue to keep an eye on it. Again, thanks.

· Premium Member
2022 Pure
213 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I installed a set of Rizoma fog lights to be used as running lights. Great lights but I decided I wanted them Amber for better visibility. No luck finding Amber replacement lenses so I Macgyvered a solution.
Purchased 2 - 50mm acrylic flat lenses, a sheet of Lamin-X self adhesive Amber film, and 2 Sniper Rifle Scope optical filter boots. (Had the surface of the lights been flat I could have gotten away with just Lamin-X..... thanks to Denali for that tip).
I don't want to say they fit perfect - but, they fit perfect, nice color, great light transmittal. After a 2 hour ride I saw no indication of heat buildup.

Rectangle Bag Wood Linens Wallet

Cosmetics Wood Drinkware Tints and shades Circle

Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
2022 Pure
213 Posts
I just ordered a replacement Dampener.

I've been looking for an adjustable dampener for my 2022 pure. Neither Olins or Hyperpro offered one for 2021 - 2022. Looking at the stock dampeners on the BMW parts catalog most years seemed to be interchangeable. I emailed both companies and got this reply from EPM Performance (Hyperpro)

"Our RnineT kit should fit all current models. I’ve attached the install manual for your information. Those parts are listed as 2017-2020 on our website and require an update but are the same SKU: Products | EPM Performance"

I ordered the RSC. Sucks that the major manufacturers cant keep their sites up to date, bike has been out for about 3 years now. Probably loosing a few sales.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 40 Posts