BMW NineT Forum banner

What did you do to your R nineT today?

537K views 4K replies 411 participants last post by  PG46 
Only had the bike a month.
Added the unit garage heavy duty crash bars that slot into the frame instead of just bolting to a little bracket.

Unit rear luggage rack and top box, GS carry strap.

Unit Front windshield (yellow) with GPS bracket (waiting for the Tom Tom to arrive)

GS style handguards with yellow windscreens to match. Bought some second hand R1250 bar end weights I increased the ID to suit the M12 bolts. Had to modify the handgaurds windshields others they didn't sit inside the handgaurds where the bar ends fit.
Added a GS sump guard + pressed number plate

Side stand enlarger plate

Yesterday added the 2 socket USB.

And trickle charger
Automotive tire Tire Wood Tread Automotive wheel system

Motor vehicle Automotive design Bag Gas Machine

Fuel tank Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Auto part

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Wheel

Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Gas Auto part Automotive design

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Unless things have changed in recent years, the Roadster (called the Classic on this forum) does have that "VIN plate" fitted as standard, but the other models it's an optional accessory. Guess they have to justify the Roadster's premium price somehow.... so guess it was down to the rev counter, VIN plate, USD forks and Alu Tank ;)
I do like the alloy tanks ;)
There was a urban GS with that.
I have a urban GS X, not sure what extras that 'x' has, I think it's the heated grips, thicker seat?, Abs?

If I remember correctly the extras included with the 'X' were:-
Heated grips
Chrome Exhaust Headers
Tubless spoked wheels (inc. swap to TKC80 tyres at no cost if requested)
Switchable ASC
Thanks, nice set of extras then. I'm curious are the headers stainless? Non plated would rust instantly surely.
Haven't seen tubed spoked wheels on a UGS

Before with the powerbronze hugger:
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Just Got rid of the rear hugger and changed it for a mudsling. Reason being I like the look of an uncovered tyre. the hugger suits the racers more. The. Mudsling is more like a conventional mudflap ON A mx BIKE with a lot more protection. You do lose a bit of visual appeal of the shock absorber but it's definitely better to keep grit and dirt off it.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motor vehicle White

Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive lighting White

Whipped this out. I'd say it's about 10% louder than before and a nicer deeper tone. I still have stock headers and the butterfly valve. I'll do a motorway test for droning.
What did you yank that out of? Stock?
Yes the urban GS low silencer (same as the racer one)
Took about an hour, 2 bolts to remove silencer from bike, 5 bolts to remove end can cap. Drill the 3 welds out to approx 9mm then used a rotary rasp to ensure all the weld was broken. Tapped a small chisel down the welded areas to break free then slid a long crow bar down the other end and tapped it out with a hammer. Welded the holes to avoid whistling