BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2161 - 2180 of 2203 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry if this is too off topic, but which licence plate holder is this? Looks neat. Are you happy with it?
Here, and yes its cheap and functional. Plus it has light. All you do is extend the cord and neatly tuck on it.

Xitomer Side Fender Eliminator, Fit for 2022 R nine T SCRAMBLER 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 Tail Tidy RnineT SCRAMBLER Fender Eliminator, with LED License Plate Light https://a.co/d/8eoRUjw

·
Registered
90 Posts
Installed the unit garage high rear Ohlins suspension! Not as straight forward as I hoped for a few reasons

1) center stand from wunderlich - the cross bar gets super close to the bottom half of the bike so when the swing arm is let free it’s tough to bolt the bottom part of the shock on once extended. Once the bike sat down though it was all gravy, center stand works!
2) the shock length doesn’t appear to be changeable. The directions from Ohlins don’t match the actual set up.

Other than that, it looks great. Once I get the muffler reinstalled (whole other headache) I’ll get it out for a ride around town to sort out the settings.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Coil spring Suspension Font
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire Hood

·
Premium Member
The fleet...9T ‘classic’ F800gt, Mz Ts150, Etz250, Beneli 125 2c, TL1000s, Trx 850, Katana 250/4, X7
424 Posts
Installed the unit garage high rear Ohlins suspension! Not as straight forward as I hoped for a few reasons

1) center stand from wunderlich - the cross bar gets super close to the bottom half of the bike so when the swing arm is let free it’s tough to bolt the bottom part of the shock on once extended.
2) the shock length doesn’t appear to be changeable. The directions from Ohlins don’t match the actual set up.
3) now that the shock is on, I think the center stand may be too short!
Other than that, it looks great. Once I get the muffler reinstalled (whole other headache) I’ll get it out for a ride around town to sort out the settings.
View attachment 155280 View attachment 155281
So what actual adjustment do you get with it? I’ve just fitted a k Tech and it’s fully adjustable in every situation.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So what actual adjustment do you get with it? I’ve just fitted a k Tech and it’s fully adjustable in every situation.
So it may just be my ignorance but I’ve got rebound damping and preload. I think I can make it taller now that it’s on the bike but the instructions aren’t clear and I’m not sure that anyone here has changed it to give me guidance. Overall it’s pretty sweet though. Ride is infinitely better.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'd like to hear how having that much weight up high affects balance and turning stability. When I do carry a tail trunk, I try to put all the heavy things in my saddlebags and lighter things in the trunk.

·
Registered
2022 R Nine T
231 Posts
I'd like to hear how having that much weight up high affects balance and turning stability. When I do carry a tail trunk, I try to put all the heavy things in my saddlebags and lighter things in the trunk.
Hi Ric, The top box is not as high up compared to a GS 1200/GS750. Loaded up with maximum recommended weight of 10kg you are bound to feel it. You are right, heaviest to the bottom. I will let you know how it feels after I have done a few miles.

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
714 Posts
Can't be any worse than riding with an passenger on the back... and that goes well too!

2161 - 2180 of 2203 Posts