BMW NineT Forum banner

201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Installed my Dart Flyscreen this morning and took the bike out for a test ride. No longer do I have the wind hitting the center of my chest, which is a good thing. It hits my shoulders instead. Great product and super easy to install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I added a top-case, Hepco & Becker Xceed on the H&B easy-rack. It can’t look good but I need the lockable storage!

·
Registered
R1200R (2013)
21 Posts
Which case is that, which size in litres?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!

That is Hepco & Becker Xceed Topcase 45 litres. Titanium.
Xceed Topcase 45 ltr. - titan

It looks good in it self, but unfortunately it seems to be a huge quality issue on my particular
case, I have raised the issue with the reseller and awaiting answer.

I will not go deeper into what’s wrong until I get a proper response from them and are sure that this is not a general design issue.
This will be handled at the beginning of the week I’m sure as they are very alert to answer

Greetings!
Daniel

·
Registered
189 Posts
New parts Horing risers, Daytona and BP. Finally moving towards perfection. Only getting started. Next cylinder guard's OEM alu and original oil alu plug screw.

·
Registered
R1200R (2013)
21 Posts
@Daniel: I just received my "standard" 30 litres one, I was a bit worried by the size to be honest, so I think that the one I took would be slightly more proportionate ;-) I'm currently waiting for the bike...
One thing I see is that your rack has maybe something not properly fit for the top box. When I ordered the rack and the standard alu case, I've been told that I had to change the (I don't know the exact name of the piece) vertical arch, because to fit the top box it had to be round section instead of the one that comes originally with the rack.
Is that your issue by chance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Daniel: I just received my "standard" 30 litres one, I was a bit worried by the size to be honest, so I think that the one I took would be slightly more proportionate ;-) I'm currently waiting for the bike...
One thing I see is that your rack has maybe something not properly fit for the top box. When I ordered the rack and the standard alu case, I've been told that I had to change the (I don't know the exact name of the piece) vertical arch, because to fit the top box it had to be round section instead of the one that comes originally with the rack.
Is that your issue by chance?
Ah, hopefully you get good stuff that fits nicely :)

The issue for me is related to the box itself.

I must admit that the fit on the “bracket part” of the easy rack package was pointing in all directions except where I’d would have liked.. It also sits very tight to the seat with its sharp edges at the rear of seat so I needed to add protection there to avoid it from actually damage the seat. I did use the 17 mm distance provided, to raise the seat in the back, but that was not quite enough and if I extend that one to make clearance there will be no way to get the seat back.

Daniel

·
Administrator
11,224 Posts
Took off the passenger footpeg frame, realised you need it to put rear seat back on. Put frame back on.
You can get an after-market adapter plate to secure the pillion seat without the rear subframe. I might be wrong but I think Wunderlich supplies them though you might also find similar ones on eBay etc...

EDIT - think this is the adapter plate....

201 - 212 of 212 Posts