BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2321 - 2340 of 2431 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
First time I've ever spray painted something myself. Had this SW-Motech rear brake reservoir guard for years. Sanded it, some primer spray and finished with matt black spray. Very happy with the result actually. While at it, also made the bolt black. Small change, but fun!

Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle

Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle frame Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2017 R9T Classic
191 Posts
While not technically done yet I have ordered Ilmberger carbon fairing and belly pan and Gilles oil filler cap and rear brake res cap. Really wanted to get rid of the stock oil filler cap that needs the special tool to open. I also ordered some gold pinstriping vinyl in the hopes of making the fairing and belly pan fit the theme of the tank and tail hump. I had hoped the windscreen on the fairing could be tinted but being plastic that isn't really an option (it comes with clear).

Looking into getting some side panels to cover the battery and airbox.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Changed the battery. Bike is five years old and I’m touring down to the Black Forest in September so didn’t want to risk the battery failing. I’ve got a well equipped workshop but it’s still two hours work.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
2,067 Posts
Changed the battery. Bike is five years old and I’m touring down to the Black Forest in September so didn’t want to risk the battery failing. I’ve got a well equipped workshop but it’s still two hours work.
One of the things I took for granted with my Honda VFR for years was easy access to the battery, which was under the seat and held in place with a single rubber strap. I had no idea other bikes were designed to put batteries in such stupid, hard-to-access spots.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Same as my SR/XT 500 and Katana - easy going...
The R1100S was a desaster, literally one have to deassamble the whole bike when changing the battery. Therefore comparing the ninet it's quite simple
Yellow Font Symmetry Circle Pattern
Font Magenta Display device Darkness Art

BMW for buyers mean "Bring Me Workshop" - customer retention 😂

·
Registered
2017 R9T Classic
191 Posts
Pinstriping on Carbon? 😕
About the screen : Dupli Color Transparent
Going to give it a try I bought 6mm and 3mm gold vinyl to match the gold on the tank.

That combined with the need to buy a special scan tool just to clear service intervals is why for the R9T I'm just taking it to the dealer.
One of the things I took for granted with my Honda VFR for years was easy access to the battery, which was under the seat and held in place with a single rubber strap. I had no idea other bikes were designed to put batteries in such stupid, hard-to-access spots.
Same as my SR/XT 500 and Katana - easy going...
The R1100S was a desaster, literally one have to deassamble the whole bike when changing the battery. Therefore comparing the ninet it's quite simple View attachment 156763 View attachment 156764
BMW for buyers mean "Bring Me Workshop" - customer retention 😂
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire

Two screws for the seat and one screw for the retention clip.

One of the reason's I got a Monkey is they are super easy to work on.

·
Registered
2015 R nineT
57 Posts
I gave Zeus a proper bath (aren't those spokes FUN to scrub?!!?) then took him up to Mt Bachelor for a reward for being well-behaved. Very little snow left this past Sunday, but it sure felt good to get out of the heat. It was probably ~20 degrees cooler at 6300 feet.
Tire Sky Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

2321 - 2340 of 2431 Posts