BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2341 - 2360 of 2431 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Got rid of the flippyflap

There's a slight increase in noise.. Because normaly the flap would be "in a closed-ish" position when starting the bike. Now it's louder.
When riding the valve would open in 2nd / 5th and 6th gear and the sound would only increase in those gears. Now the sound is the "Same" in all gears.

I noticed immediate imrpovement in the performance of the bike. There's less "Sluggishness" when putting on the throttle and less "Delay" in the bike picking up.

Also when letting go of the throttle (specially at lower speeds) the jerking is completely gone. Normaly u would let go of the throttle.. at low speeds; and it would feel like a small kick from the back/jerking of the bike (i was used to that by now).. but now that's completely gone. Smoothness all the way.

Used a Remus pipe and Healtech Exhaust Servo Eliminator. Works like a charm.

What about when riding at very low constant speed (just almost iddle) between cars in city etc? Also it is smooth?

I understand if I don´t remove original exhaust I need this piece of pipe at least?

·
Registered
894 Posts
What about when riding at very low constant speed (just almost iddle) between cars in city etc? Also it is smooth?

I understand if I don´t remove original exhaust I need this piece of pipe at least?

I will test the very low speed stuff for you later today.. For the 2014>2016 models you only need the pipe delete like your showed.

If you have a newer gen r nine t.. you also need a valve eliminator module; else you get an error on the dash.

I dont know how it works with the 2022>models.. there the exhaust valve is welded onto the headers i think..

·
Registered
894 Posts
Mounted the Unit Garage windshield.

So far good first impressions; less "pressure" on the chest area going 80km/u; a bit more turbulence around the helmet; but less pressure of the wind. So it's only a bit more "Windy' sound; but that could have also been the heavy winds today. Still gotta test it on the highway.

·
Registered
2015 R nineT
57 Posts
a bit more turbulence around the helmet
Interesting opening in the shield. What is its purpose? Seems like it would channel a concentrated stream of air at your helmet. It also looks like a wind instrument opening. I'm surprised it doesn't whistle :D.

·
Registered
894 Posts

When riding at low speed; the bike is actualy way smoother than with flapper. The flapper would make it surge sometimes if it opened/closed..
The overall riding experience is just way better.. smoother overall.

·
Registered
205 Posts
When riding at low speed; the bike is actualy way smoother than with flapper. The flapper would make it surge sometimes if it opened/closed..
The overall riding experience is just way better.. smoother overall.

Just imagination that counts 😂
Mine runs smooth overall and over all revs, maybe something wrong with yours? What can be better after "best"?
And there's no advantage in speed nor in power. The flap is only closed while ignition; when drivng it's maximum half closed depending on the RPM's and gear.
Usually it's always open (y)
Sound emission is something that effects all people wether they like Motorbikes or not. The reason for so many road closures in the last years.
Thanks for supporting this 😠 And btw: You lost your general operating permit, bad luck in case of an accident and a fight with the insurance.

Welcome to Gemany for a ride - our guys in uniform are well educated and they will send you back by walking after collected the bike.

Again, it's just an illusion but do what you want, jm2c

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just imagination that counts 😂
Mine runs smooth overall and over all revs, maybe something wrong with yours? What can be better after "best"?
And there's no advantage in speed nor in power. The flap is only closed while ignition; when drivng it's maximum half closed depending on the RPM's and gear.
Usually it's always open (y)
Sound emission is something that effects all people wether they like Motorbikes or not. The reason for so many road closures in the last years.
Thanks for supporting this 😠 And btw: You lost your general operating permit, bad luck in case of an accident and a fight with the insurance.

Welcome to Gemany for a ride - our guys in uniform are well educated and they will send you back by walking after collected the bike.

Again, it's just an illusion but do what you want, jm2c
No need to be hostile.. Also..yeah; i dont agree with you one bit, sorry!

I dont need imagination to conclude my bike runs smoother with less weird engine braking at low RPM's / low speed stuff, perhaps give it a try yourself and remove the flapper and see the result.

Looking at sound emission.. i also hate loud bikes. So far even; i thought my stock Urban GS exhaust was too loud.. so i went for an AC Schnitzer which is quieter. Now with the flap removed it's still more quiet than the stock setup. I still have the original headers with cat and DB killer in. I see no harm in this.

Also; because they are so strict in germany; when i plan a vacation there the flapper goes back for the duration of that trip ;).. 5 min job anyway.

·
Registered
205 Posts
No need to be hostile.. Also..yeah; i dont agree with you one bit, sorry!

..., perhaps give it a try yourself and remove the flapper and see the result.
I did - with the stock Remus and with my " Coffeeshop-Joint-Lookalike" BOS (made in the Netherlands 😆, more quiet - 92 dB instead 95,
less "popping" while engine braking and 3 kg less)
... anyhow I felt no difference exept loudness and some angry looking people in my neighborhood :mad:

2341 - 2360 of 2431 Posts