BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2361 - 2380 of 2431 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Fitted Rox 1 3/4 pivoting risers.
My quest for the perfect bar set-up continues. I started with clips, then Rizoma retro, and finally these pro-taper highs. I really like the position and may go a bit higher. The brake cable is tight on full right turn so may have to replace this. Has anyone had luck extending the front brake lines?
Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Nature Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,602 Posts
Well it's a nice day but I have to deliver refrigerator to my girlfriends office so I decided to do both so I'm delivering a refrigerator that I'm strapped to the back of my motorcycle.
I was thinking about permanently installing it but I couldn't find an extension cord long enough that would allow me to go on any decent rides.
Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thanks for information. @Chris.

Not interesting in more power nor speed etc. In my case I only want to reduce/eliminate things are a kind of mess. Cables, wires...lots of thing that I feel they are not in the right place...Canister filter is same for me. Further I think is better to eliminate to avoid possible future failures? (If valve get stuck in close position???)

If there is no engine failure (thanks to electronic device) and I also get smoother driving sensation...Probably Engine works cooler than with flap??? No gases stuck in the pipe, less temperature???. I think it is worth to eliminate flap valve.

About louder noise I am confused. If Flap is always (or almost) open when driving, which is difference with no Flap???.

A bit louder only at the moment of starting bike I think is not very annoying...

·
Registered
2017 R9T Classic
191 Posts
Picked up some near gear so went for a 65 mile ride to see how they did. Overall the jacket flows better air than my previous one.
As for the sneakers I didn’t find them to flow any real air but they weren’t hot. Got them mostly because I seem to be a 44 in motorcycle shoes instead of a 43 which my TCX shoes are. Also I have found I prefer side zip and some form of shifter panel.
Footwear Shoe Walking shoe Grey Sportswear

Outerwear Jersey Product Neck Textile

Walking shoe Grey Sportswear Personal protective equipment Outdoor shoe

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler
92 Posts
I had to fit a new rear brake rotor because of bloody Wunderlich.

I fitted one of their rear wheel huggers a week ago. There was a choice of two bolts of different lengths for the rear calliper bolt. One was too short to engage any thread but the longer one seemed to go in OK.

However, when I first went to ride the bike after fitting the hugger, there was a grating noise from the back end. I quickly pulled over and realised the bolt was too long and had gone all the way through to rest against the brake rotor.

Even though I'd ridden less than 50 yards, the rotor was scored and ruined as it was going to damage the pads.

So, I needed a rear wheel lift, new rotor, new rotor bolts, and an afternoon's work. Cost me nearly £300!

And, yes, it was claimed to be a part for my sub-model & year and, yes, I followed the rubbish installation instructions for the hugger.

I'm a tad annoyed.

·
Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,602 Posts
Picked up some near gear so went for a 65 mile ride to see how they did. Overall the jacket flows better air than my previous one.
As for the sneakers I didn’t find them to flow any real air but they weren’t hot. Got them mostly because I seem to be a 44 in motorcycle shoes instead of a 43 which my TCX shoes are. Also I have found I prefer side zip and some form of shifter panel.
View attachment 156846
View attachment 156845
View attachment 156847
You could hunt ligers in those boots.
Please don't misunderstand me. I want a pair just like them.

·
Registered
205 Posts

I fitted one of their rear wheel huggers a week ago. There was a choice of two bolts of different lengths for the rear calliper bolt. One was too short to engage any thread but the longer one seemed to go in OK.
And, yes, it was claimed to be a part for my sub-model & year and, yes, I followed the rubbish installation instructions for the hugger.

I'm a tad annoyed.
Hand Eye Human body Eyelash Font
Sorry to hear that
Never heard about any issues. It's only sold by Wunderlich but comes from Puig.
That one?
Rear hugger - black
29220-300

or that (not for Scrambler!)
Rear hugger - black
29220-101

Sure you fitted it correctly? There are 2 Bolts for attachement (6 +7, no choice)

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Slope

Font Parallel Auto part Engineering Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2018 R1200RT - 2015 RNineT
327 Posts

However, when I first went to ride the bike after fitting the hugger, there was a grating noise from the back end. I quickly pulled over and realised the bolt was too long and had gone all the way through to rest against the brake rotor.

Even though I'd ridden less than 50 yards, the rotor was scored and ruined as it was going to damage the pads.

So, I needed a rear wheel lift, new rotor, new rotor bolts, and an afternoon's work. Cost me nearly £300!

I'm a tad annoyed.
Wonder if perhaps it was returned to Wunderlich with wrong bolts in the kit…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler
92 Posts
View attachment 156857 Sorry to hear that
Never heard about any issues. It's only sold by Wunderlich but comes from Puig.
That one?
Rear hugger - black
29220-300

or that (not for Scrambler!)
Rear hugger - black
29220-101

Sure you fitted it correctly? There are 2 Bolts for attachement (6 +7, no choice)
Its the WunderBob one, 44850-702. It was supplied with 70 and 85mm bolts.

My bike is a '22 Scrambler.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ok, I see.
2 Bolts are delivered (2+3, 70mm or 85mm). It suggest:
The illustrated spacer (4) and the screws M8x85 (3)
are only for combination with license plate carrier
SWING (38981-302) or LOW (38981-002)

... think you chose the wrong one.
and:
For mounting the screws (2 or 3) it may be necessary to hold
the break caliper in position.

pdf

·
Registered
183 Posts
Didn't do anything to my bike but I found this cool photo down at the port with some airheads in it. Didn't know where to put it, so I'm dropping it here. Mods can move it to where you think it should be.

It's something about moving a submarine from one Swiss lake to another.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle

Ps. I added 20mm bar risers. Going away for a week back to overpopulated London, so I'll report back with thoughts.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Found a way to mount my AC Schnitzer in the high position.. With the stock subframe in place! (Browsing some german store that built a costum urban gs)
All it took was the slight bending of that small passenger footpeg thing (the thin metal one) and a spacer. I then put some rubber sticky stuff inbetween the subframe / linkpipe to stop any touching when vibrating. There's about a +-1cm clearance between the exhaust and the rear wheel.

Really happy with it.

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
22 Cosmic Scrambler (K23)
160 Posts
First service appointment. It always feels a little bit large but boy it sure doesn't look large next to other bikes.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

XR is large. Tiger 900 is VERY large. R18 is basically a car.

2361 - 2380 of 2431 Posts