BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2501 - 2520 of 2570 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
257 Posts
That’s one awesome adventure!!! So glad the GSA didn’t disappoint😂 Fabulous pics again, MrBean!
But why the limp mode?

PS I’ve had that same nail in my car tire several times through West Texas. That really sucks. Glad you’re ok!!!
Norbi,

I forgot you can have the nail back, I'm all finished with it now... :ROFLMAO:
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Tread

~Bean

Reactions: Baloo

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,127 Posts
Next time, get the bigger tires: they find the nails real well
Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Rim

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,127 Posts
Norbi,
Evidently BMW in their infinite wisdom, which actually makes a bit of sense, when you get certain engine failures the onboard computer will let you continue to run the motor albeit in a cripple mode so that you can get to safety. Just a week before I was on Bean riding with my friend Matt the Marvelous and his GSA came up with similar problems and error codes. On his ride, the same year much less mileage, it turned out to be an intermittent cam sensor problem which is non-critical and after a quick reset, it didn't stay in limp mode, whereas the issue I had turned out to be a bad connection at the throttle. Of course, being fly by wire means idle is all you get. I didn't know this at the time which meant I idled along for hours on the side of the road the upside being that it was an easy fix.

As for the tire, a plug, a pump, (I carry a small electric), and 10 minutes then we are all better and blasting down the road again. Don't leave home without it... ;)

~Bean
… and that’s why I don’t like those rolling computers. I’ve never ever had any limp mode on this:
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
257 Posts
@The Bean I'm thinking if it's mostly going to be a highway slog I'm taking a car (radar cruise and lane keeping FTW). I feel for you brother.
Thanks, Generic for the sentiment, however, my car is a small gray 23-year-old truck with a big dent and no air con... If you can't come back with a good story or at least some good lies, where is the adventure in that? :ROFLMAO:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Kind regards,
~Bean

·
Registered
2017 R9T Classic
229 Posts
Thanks, Generic for the sentiment, however, my car is a small gray 23-year-old truck with a big dent and no air con... If you can't come back with a good story or at least some good lies, where is the adventure in that? :ROFLMAO:

Kind regards,
~Bean
In that case yes, I'd have taken the GS as well.

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,127 Posts
Yeah, you can look up Ohlins page in the picture and scroll down to the Arch bike and the detail to enter is there.
Maybe I’m too much of a boomer, (and non-Instagrammer) but I’m almost sure if you make it as easy as possible for us, you as the BOTY winner would have everybody’s support. Just let us know what we can do!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Maybe I’m too much of a boomer, (and non-Instagrammer) but I’m almost sure if you make it as easy as possible for us, you as the BOTY winner would have everybody’s support. Just let us know what we can do!
Thank you for the support. This contest is mostly via Öhlins page and there isn’t a poll.
we just hope for the big W.

2501 - 2520 of 2570 Posts