BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2681 - 2700 of 2734 Posts

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
2,290 Posts
Made the mistake of ballparking what I spent on "mods, accessories, farkles" and it's way more than I should have spent, probably have $5k extra on the bike 😲
I haven't added it up lately, but I know I'm over $3K USD on mods. But the good news is there isn't that much more to do on my 2020 Pure, and most of what's left are wants, not needs, and even those aren't that expensive.

Unless I decide to swap out the fork's internals for an Ohlins NIX cartridge kit. ;)

·
Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
1,962 Posts
Made the mistake of ballparking what I spent on "mods, accessories, farkles" and it's way more than I should have spent, probably have $5k extra on the bike 😲
I haven't added it up lately, but I know I'm over $3K USD on mods. But the good news is there isn't that much more to do on my 2020 Pure, and most of what's left are wants, not needs, and even those aren't that expensive.

Unless I decide to swap out the fork's internals for an Ohlins NIX cartridge kit. ;)
If It was spending money on hookers and blow or on my bike , I would chose my bike every time.
I think there are much worse spending choices out there. We did ok.

·
Premium Member
2022 Pure
181 Posts
Installed a Servo Buddy where my Flapper Valve Servo used to be. Then installed a Denali B6 LED Brake Light and tapped it into the switched hot wire of the Servo Buddy. I can only use the running light feature of the B6 since my computer wont take the current draw of the Stop feature without freaking out. The picture doesn't do it justice, that LED bar is BRIGHT, and crazy BRIGHT!! in the Stop mode.
(BTW that grey smear above the SB on the frame is a cushion for a side cover)

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Hood
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Motorcycle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Installed a Servo Buddy where my Flapper Valve Servo used to be. Then installed a Denali B6 LED Brake Light and tapped it into the switched hot wire of the Servo Buddy. I can only use the running light feature of the B6 since my computer wont take the current draw of the Stop feature without freaking out. The picture doesn't do it justice, that LED bar is BRIGHT, and crazy BRIGHT!! in the Stop mode.
(BTW that grey smear above the SB on the frame is a cushion for a side cover)

View attachment 159608 View attachment 159609 View attachment 159610
Nice Job!

Yeah.. the entire "Shitshow" of adding an extra brake light that functions are a brake light is nearly impossible.

I am also using my Denali rear pods as running lights only. Kind of a shame really.

I spent hours trying to find a workaround.. cant find one.

·
Premium Member
2022 Pure
181 Posts
Nice Job!

Yeah.. the entire "Shitshow" of adding an extra brake light that functions are a brake light is nearly impossible.

I am also using my Denali rear pods as running lights only. Kind of a shame really.

I spent hours trying to find a workaround.. cant find one.
Yes a real PAIN. A couple of things I'm still monkeying with are the spare rear lighting connector, mine has both a US and a Euro connector. (that probably wont work). And, I have a SupraBrake III brake flasher unit with a pigtail for an aux light. If I can get the issues with that unit straightened out I may re-install it and see if it's compatible.

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
275 Posts
Welp, I just put a Puig windscreen on Bean and I will get some pictures later. I have only had a chance to do some short rides with it and my impressions are mixed. On one hand, it installed like eating ice cream on a hot day, without a problem, on the other, it looks kind of dorky. The screen itself seems well made, a bit pricy, and does a pretty decent job of keeping the jet blast from making a direct hit on my chest. The bad news is that when I mounted it I did it as high as I could and now the wind buffeting hits me directly in the ear holes... It is so loud I can't hear the Bean singing to me. So now I am adding a Puig wind defector to see if that helps and I have gone from dork to super dork...🤓

Oh one more thing, since it was raining a bit too hard for me to go out and I am waiting for my deflector to show up I reworked a nice river ride that I did. I posted it before, however, now it is in higher resolution, added some drone shots, put my son in it, and made a new soundtrack with titling explaining some of what is going on.
Let me know how much you like it...

Kind regards,
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting
~Bean

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Yes a real PAIN. A couple of things I'm still monkeying with are the spare rear lighting connector, mine has both a US and a Euro connector. (that probably wont work). And, I have a SupraBrake III brake flasher unit with a pigtail for an aux light. If I can get the issues with that unit straightened out I may re-install it and see if it's compatible.
Yeah, wont work. Dont even bother :(

Anything drawing more load or a different load than the stock rear light throws canbus errors. It shuts off the entire circuit.

·
Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
169 Posts
I'm not all that familiar with canbus other than it is really sensitive to loads and can be tricked into accepting LED's with resistors or simple circuits but can't be tricked when adding a load. Aren't there devices out there that handle canbus issues like that? I've seen products but don't know what their limitations are. Canbus is merely electronics so someone surely has developed a workaround. Maybe the Rowe PDM 60 module? I ran across it in another forum but your issue is the brake light. Might not cover that

·
Premium Member
2022 Pure
181 Posts
I'm not all that familiar with canbus other than it is really sensitive to loads and can be tricked into accepting LED's with resistors or simple circuits but can't be tricked when adding a load. Aren't there devices out there that handle canbus issues like that? I've seen products but don't know what their limitations are. Canbus is merely electronics so someone surely has developed a workaround
I know Denali has a system, CANsmart, but not one applicable to Euro5 R9T's yet.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I know Denali has a system, CANsmart, but not one applicable to Euro5 R9T's yet.
I'm reading into canbus a bit. I deal with stuff like this in my work so I can comprehend it but I'm not an engineer. Most models of bikes are different even across BMW. R nineT is one of the simpler ones but your model year may be completely different from previous ones. It takes an oscilloscope to make that determination, but since it's late in the year, people like Denali will already have that answer. They will be able to tell you if your bike is different, and then you can look for a canbus module that will work for you. My bike is older and uses bulbs so adding an LED won't affect the canbus. Yours will see the added load and react. That means your bike will require a module but I'm sure they're already available if your bike isn't radically different.

·
Registered
424 Posts
...and does a pretty decent job of keeping the jet blast from making a direct hit on my chest.
The bad news is that when I mounted it I did it as high as I could and now the wind buffeting hits me directly in the ear holes... It is so loud I can't hear the Bean
Exactly my experiences with my OEM shield.
And aside the noise, the forced stream hits straight the head/helmet. Reasons that lead me to remove the fairing from my Urban.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Had some spare brand new yet 20yro spot lights just to see what my bike would look like . For UK riders which side is better? I see most people mount on the L/H side if they have one
Your post got trampled. Personally, I think that light looks fantastic. Maybe put the other one on and take a few pics. If you choose only one, I'd put it on the side opposite oncoming traffic.

2681 - 2700 of 2734 Posts