BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2701 - 2720 of 2734 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R Nine T Urban GS X
185 Posts
Your post got trampled. Personally, I think that light looks fantastic. Maybe put the other one on and take a few pics. If you choose only one, I'd put it on the side opposite oncoming traffic.
Thanks ..
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Gives it a retro look, especially with the new valve covers.
Probably put a Hella driving lamp with a white cover on it.
In the UK on coming traffic is the right hand side so is that better 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
169 Posts
:pI like the large diameter light and the glass out in the open . In your case, move it to the other side if you don't use two lamps. Just my opinion though. We all have to make them ours, after all. :cool:

·
Registered
BMW R Nine T Urban GS X
185 Posts
:pI like the large diameter light and the glass out in the open . In your case, move it to the other side if you don't use two lamps. Just my opinion though. We all have to make them ours, after all. :cool:
I've tried the other side but I prefer it on the R/H side, looks better on the side stand and it will illuminate more of the road being closer to the centre markers.
Just found another 2 boxes of these retro brand new lights in the garage haha. Could have 6 😂

·
Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
169 Posts
If you lived any closer I'd ride over and get a pair from you. ;) In my life I prefer illuminating more of the shoulder of the roads. That's generally where the hazards and wildlife are.

·
Registered
BMW R Nine T Urban GS X
185 Posts
Finished fitting the L/H 2v cover if you saw my thread you would see they were not a straight fit and needed work to them.

Then took it for the first long ride since:

Fitting the rev counter
New air filter
New iridium spark plugs set of 4
New 2v valve covers
Painted the headlight grill black
Installing a crash bar driving lamp ( not wired in yet as I may change the lamp)
Wunderlich comfort seat (I was going to return but made it fit slightly better when moving the fuel tank rearwards when tightening back up.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Plant

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Next will be a new read tyre

·
Registered
12 Posts
Today I spent a few hours getting the stock RnineT suspension absolutely sorted. Read a few posts from this site. Took four or five 30 minute rides to make adjustments and it feels perfect now. For a while I wasn't sure I'd get there. I'm 5 foot 10 inches and weigh a blubbery 240 in full gear. Here are my suspension settings:

Front:
Preload: 6 full turns out
Compression: 6
Rebound: 3

Rear:
Preload: 2 turns out
Rebound: 2.5 turns from fully closed

·
Premium Member
2022 Pure
181 Posts
Ordered a Wilbers 640 rear shock.... Nice winter project to install!
Good choice! Since your winter is a little longer there than here you are probably wanting to take your time with that one. But, if you want to avoid some disassembly steps get a set of long shank Torx drives, mine were T55 (B) and T60 (T).

Test tube Office supplies Wood Cylinder Writing implement

·
Premium Member
2022 Pure
181 Posts
I asked for the installation instructions before hand, see if they send them!!
[/QUOTE]
They do include install and operational instructions, and this video is great - PIER CITY CYCLES TUTORIAL - BMW R9T Rear Shock Absorber Remove & Refit
The most difficult part for us was supporting the bike correctly. All the info I could find started the same "With the bike properly supported...". We ended up locking it into the chock then strapping the front in down in our trailer. Then raised the back with a rear stand and sat the bike down on padded wood under the engine, that left the rear suspended. Removed the rear wheel then used the rear stand to position the swingarm as needed.

2701 - 2720 of 2734 Posts