BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2721 - 2734 of 2734 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
991 Posts
I have a centre stand, so that should make things a little easier…

i figure if the rear wheel comes of it will rest more on the front wheel and with a normal jack can adjust the swing arem as needed…

going to hunt for the extended T50 torx driver, looks like 100mm is long enough?

·
Premium Member
2022 Pure
181 Posts
I have a centre stand, so that should make things a little easier…

i figure if the rear wheel comes of it will rest more on the front wheel and with a normal jack can adjust the swing arem as needed…

going to hunt for the extended T50 torx driver, looks like 100mm is long enough?
120 would be better, that is what I have. It is a deep hole up top.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes GP10 , it was about a grand six years ago. I also have GP20 forks. I had them put softer springs in and revalve everything at the service for a 'plusher' ride as i'm getting older and the roads are getting rougher. Very happy with the result. Still good handling but more comfort.

·
Premium Member
2022 Pure
181 Posts
It is either 100mm or 200mm... and the last is way too long, so will order a 100mm, hopefully ok...

Do you need to remove the seat support at all?
I GAVE YOU BAD INFO EARLIER, I RECHECKED AND TOP AND BOTTOM ARE 55's.

I believe the 100mm would be a wee bit too short. The point of the long shank for me was to fit thru the seat support avoiding removal for change out and retorque. My standard drive was too fat to fit thru.
As long as your standard drive is less that about 20mm it should also fit thru the support (I will leave the exact hole measurement to you).

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
991 Posts
I GAVE YOU OUT BAD INFO EARLIER, I RECHECKED AND TOP AND BOTTOM ARE 55's.
You are right, I checked as well T55, I had a bit but not with a 1/2" setting on it...

So got myself a whole set now.... good excuse!! hahahaha

2721 - 2734 of 2734 Posts