BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
2821 - 2840 of 2847 Posts

· Registered
2015 BMW R Nine T Classic
101 Posts
What do you mean by "
I now have my lights controlled by the bike's controls, including high beam, indicators switch off the relevant light, flash to pass works"?
Why couldn't your bike do this anyway?
I thought this too when I first read it - I wasn't sure of the need or purpose of the ezCAN, but I think the Denali lights are lights installed in addition to the standard ones and now they can be controlled using the same standard controls?

I might be wrong...

· Registered
70 Posts
Do you get to use the lights as 'Running Lights' as well 'Spots'? I think the software allows them to stay on with power and go to full power with High Beam.
Yes and you can choose the percentage of brightness in the day or night on both high and low beam.
Mine are set at 50% day time running lights and 40% night time running lights. All high beam are 100%.
When I turn on an indicator that side running light turns off while the indicator is on. It makes the indicator stand out.
Have a look at the Hex web site, they have videos on all the features.
cheers

· Registered
13 Posts
Yes and you can choose the percentage of brightness in the day or night on both high and low beam.
Mine are set at 50% day time running lights and 40% night time running lights. All high beam are 100%.
When I turn on an indicator that side running light turns off while the indicator is on. It makes the indicator stand out.
Have a look at the Hex web site, they have videos on all the features.
cheers
Just wasnt sure, Now that is cleared up, I will keep my lights off my Guzzi when its traded.

· Premium Member
Itinerate Jackass
2,177 Posts
We have a nice weather window today and tomorrow. Rode around town for coffee and then to work for a 1300 vessel start. We will finish our ship around 2200. Took tomorrow off for a morning bike cleaning and hopefully a motorcycle meetup.

· Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
432 Posts
There was a very light snowfall happening when I left my house today. The temp was 35 degrees, and the forecast was clear skies. But now I'm at work and some heavy clouds are building up. I may have to get a ride home and leave the bike at work today. Time will tell.

· Registered
524 Posts
6 weeks since the last ride - apart from wiping off the dust and spidercobs, it's time to check the battery...
... but not my comfy weather conditions to start her in idle or running up that hill

Plant Snow Tree Fence Freezing

Snow Plant Building Sky Twig

First time using the new BMW Charger.

After switched on, it shows ...:

White Red Automotive design Gas Font

After 6 min ...:

White Light Line Red Gas

Guess I'm still fine with the '17 OEM batt (hopefully... - knocking on wood)

· Registered
118 Posts
So today I finished the HDB install.
View attachment 161228
I originally was looking at these hand guards before I settled on my barkbusters. I really like the integrated mirrors. Did you need to do anything to make them fit a nine t or did the bolt up fine right out of the box? Also do you have any more photos? I've never seen them installed on a Nine T before.

· Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
432 Posts
I will post a handful of photos tomorrow. I am really fond of the handguards. They did take some fiddling since some pieces could be installed upside down or backwards, which affected the fit. Overall, it took me about an hour to get the first one lined up and the 2nd one took about 15 minutes. I was skeptical about the mirrors at first, and made sure I was going to like them before committing to the big screw install. That's because my bike had CRG bar end mirrors and drilling the bars for the HDB screws would make CRG mounts useless. The HDB mirrors also took some fiddling, primarily needing to get the tension of the mounting screw tight enough to hold them, and loose enough to move them around for the best aim. Once I found that sweet spot, I can stow them, or adjust them on the fly and always get them where I want them. Now, they are easily as good as the CRG mirrors. I hit a mirror on a traffic pole and they simply moved out of the way, no problem. The handguards are made of thick aluminum and allow unrestricted movement of the levers but I did have to move the lever perches inboard a bit. I have option 719 levers and they're really long. I'll be replacing the levers next anyway to allow room for handlebar mitts for colder weather. They've been on my bike now since late November so I've had time to play with them and get a feeling for how they work. They block wind well. I get the feeling the guards will handle big impacts and protect both the levers and handlebars themselves. To me, the money was well spent.

2821 - 2840 of 2847 Posts