BMW NineT Forum banner

341 - 360 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
154 Posts
Transparent wrapping, some small air bubbles here and there ;-) but overall seems a very good job, how did you do it, did you have to use water/soap or was it applied just as an adhesive?

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
199 Posts
Water/soap mixture. The bubbles you see are some spots where some residual water is behind the plastic. Instructions say these should be gone in a day or 2

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
154 Posts
Is that the Wunderlich kit?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Today I received the Option 719 seat to swap out my stock Scrambler seat.

My bike is no beauty but from a relative view point I’m very pleased with the look!

A good thing is that this seat has clearance to my Hepco & Becker rack. The stock seat rubbed against the sharp edge of the rack and would have caused damage long term.

Had no opportunity to ride today so I can post a follow up on long distance comfort later but just sitting on it was pleasant, I could position a tad more forward at the seat witch made the relation to handlebars and footpegs better!
It feels soft and smooth and the craftsmanship is top notch.

Eager to get out and test and will post result from that.😁

Greetings!
Daniel

·
Registered
2018 BMW R NineT Classic
25 Posts
I look forward to every time you post photos - the bike keeps looking better and better! Really tasteful modifications that emphasise the beauty of this wonderful machine we all cherish.
I beg your pardon, sir. I did saw your comment too late but I really appreciate it. I’ve took a look at your pictures and almost fell in love with 719 bits. Looking forward to do some classy looking paintwork on my 9t soon, and yes some minor modifications are coming soon.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,031 Posts
It feels soft and smooth and the craftsmanship is top notch.

Eager to get out and test and will post result from that.😁
I love the seat and won't go back to the OEM anytime soon!
There is a thread about the seat to post your review: New /5 seat comfort

Reactions: Daniel

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know it's a cornball topic however this type of thread has been very entertaining and extremely informative on other forums. Our souped up NC Miata has multiple improvements, the ideas gleaned from a similar thread at miata.net, and the little tips gained over the years now seem essential. Obviously technical specifics should be posted in the appropriate forum however a general digest of daily tinkering or even that awesome ride you took today may inspire someone to expand their R nineT envelope.
Drop my tractor on a trail I probably didn't have any business being on. 😱

·
Registered
228 Posts
Drop my tractor on a trail I probably didn't have any business being on. 😱
Taking these on a trail where they don't belong is the best way to have fun! I went exploring with a friend over the last few days heading up the west side of James Bay to see how far we could get on an old snowmobile trail. We made it north of the 50th parallel near a place called Otter Rapids.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Taking these on a trail where they don't belong is the best way to have fun! I went exploring with a friend over the last few days heading up the west side of James Bay to see how far we could get on an old snowmobile trail. We made it north of the 50th parallel near a place called Otter Rapids.

View attachment 136015
That makes me smile. Not a garage queen. A motorcycle being taken places. I can guess how hard you were laughing at the poor thing stuck in the mud.

What are all the switches on the left side of the bar?

·
Registered
228 Posts
What are all the switches on the left side of the bar?
The single black switch is the PIAA lights. The wide white rectangular panel is called a "Chubby Remote". It is a remote for your phone. It gives me play/pause, volume and track control of music, and lets me use the play button as a shutter trigger when in camera mode. I got it on Amazon.CA .... but be forewarned when you search for "Chubby Remote" on Amazon.COM in the US you will get a whole different set of results....

·
Registered
228 Posts
That makes me smile. Not a garage queen. A motorcycle being taken places. I can guess how hard you were laughing at the poor thing stuck in the mud.
Definitely not a garage queen. In Northern Ontario you don't need a center stand either. There is so much marsh up here that you just stop, and get off your bike whenever you want and it stays perfectly level.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Snap!

That I did to my R nine T Scrambler today.. Is there even a torque value for these plastic bar-ends?

Why would I fiddle with these though?
To work the Pro Grip 714 over the stock grips! That result is super nice, toned down vibrations and a thicker grip that suits me well. 🙂

/Daniel

341 - 360 of 418 Posts