BMW NineT Forum banner

361 - 380 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
My tiny little moment of motorcycle happiness in a fog of a week:
I did a test install of some driving lights wired through a Skene dimmer. I wanted lights didn't want to choose between being seen and being able to see more. I'd never used one of these dimmers before and it seems to be exactly the solution I wanted. By default, on low beam, the lights are set at 20% (you can change this). On high beam, they go to full brightness. These are cheap $50 lights.

Tomorrow, I'll see how they are out on the road...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wrapped up the install of the lights and controller, and went for a night ride. No one flashed their lights at me. Lights are good and bright on high. Though I do need to test them out on some truly empty roads. So far, I'm pleased.

Ignore how messy the studio is and how crappy it looks (life has been busy).

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
154 Posts
New wunderlich screen (and last week the rev counter!)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got delivery of the Atlas throttle lock, TOP version.

On my R nine T Scrambler -20 the installation was a bit tricky as there is a very narrow gap between the housing and grips (I have heated grips). Also there is also a "ledge" on the throttle tube that I wanted the Atlas to rest securely on.

I followed the install instructions and used the THINNEST friction pad, before tighten it up I chimmed 3 credit cards in between the throttle housing (stacks of 3 cards at two places) and the Atlas throttle lock to press the thooths on the atlas to a position where it digged into the throttle tube safely, up on the small ledge. Then tightening it down thoroughly and removed the 6 credit cards.

It worked perfect and after a test ride I was pleased with the function BUT not with the position the buttons ended up when I usually engaged them. So I re-did the whole process paying attention to exactly where the buttons would be when engaging the throttle lock.

It all seems fine now, the quality is solid and the usage simply can't be easier and more intuitive!
On the picture (installation 1) the throttle lock is seated in the wrong position, way to high up but its easy to remount it after doing it once.

If this thing holds up with time.. It's a highly recommended product. :)

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
148 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NineT (Classic)
103 Posts
@Norbi , hehe will keep that in mind.

Today I fitted the breastplate.

No need for tank removal.

Fortunately I had a tool at home that made the process so much easier and kept my sanity at normal levels.

It took me one hour more or less but that included lots of swearing and sweat.

A torx screwdriver that can do the job under various angles was a life savior.

I was able to unscrew that hard reaching bolts in minutes.

Mission accomplished.

Now if there was a way to change that position of that oil cooler and leave that beautiful piece at full display...

Greetings from Greece back to you guys.

e.f.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Very nice.
Like you say, pity the cooler is blocking some of it.

On the OEM breastplate, is there anything inside ?
Like something spongy or maybe sound deadening material?

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NineT (Classic)
103 Posts
Very nice.
Like you say, pity the cooler is blocking some of it.

On the OEM breastplate, is there anything inside ?
Like something spongy or maybe sound deadening material?
Thanks !

No, nothing like that.

It goes and bolts directly in front.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Cool.
I remember seeing that spongy stuff in the older GS/A's.
The spongy stuff got waterlogged and cause rust at the bottom.
Nice to know they have removed it.
Thank you.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I keep trying to not think about that windscreen. But I have a habit of riding at a speed that makes it very tempting. Let us know what you think.

I have also been very tempted with regards to that screen, but then I see the price that Wunderlich-my-wallet-clean is asking for it and the desire goes away.

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
154 Posts
I keep trying to not think about that windscreen. But I have a habit of riding at a speed that makes it very tempting. Let us know what you think.
I””ll be testing it this week-end, will let you know :)

Reactions: gristle

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
258 Posts
Transferred my new R9T Pure's title to Ohio, registered it at the BMV, and installed my new license plate. :)

Quick tip from someone who's been there: Stick a $20 bill in with your registration and insurance card under your seat. You might go for a ride one day, need gas, and discover 50 miles from home you forgot to grab your wallet on your way out.

361 - 380 of 418 Posts