BMW NineT Forum banner

481 - 500 of 533 Posts

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
215 Posts
I have mine sitting in a box, from the previous bike, was just thinking of adding it on top, did you feel a real difference?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, it makes a difference.. With the wunderlich screen i had less wind on my chest/neck; instead of blasted it all straight onto my helmet.
With the spoiler i can guide some of the wind ontop of my helmet.. works great.

·
Administrator
11,775 Posts
but it does all fit together with patience. No changes to wiring needed as it was a simple plug and play. No fault codes showing on the dash.
The 2017 and later bikes have updated electronics which make them more fussy when it comes to adding aftermarket bulbs and some other electronics so unfortunately it isn't guaranteed.

The bike that @Ennistymonjoe had looks to be the earlier pre-2017 model.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is one lovely bike. The striping and knee pads are very unique and tasteful. Great work. A set of milled valve covers should be on your list for when you strike gold.
Not with the valve covers.
Everyone is doing it so I'm steering away.
The final 4 pieces of the puzzle should be here by the end of the year.

·
Registered
517 Posts
OBDlink LX showed up. It took more time to figure out how to turn on Bluetooth on the cheap android phone I have than it did to reset the service warning using the Motoscan app. I’m an iphone user and so the android world is ... odd. I only use this rugged phone as a GPS on the bike (and now the motoscan app).

·
Premium Member
R Nine T Classic 2020
113 Posts
View attachment 137933 View attachment 137934 Little mod on the tidy.... un1t rear subframe mounted.Slimmer tail
Lovely tail tidy and rear fender you’ve got there! Just a word of caution; you may wish to check the clearance between the fender and licence plate so that they don’t bash each other if you hit a bump with the rear wheel. I’ve had it before where I’ve managed to snap the rear licence plate off after reaching max compression on the rear spring on my previous R1200R. Angling the licence plate slightly would help this. Yours is a stunning example of the R NineT - very tastefully customised :)

·
Registered
R9T Scrambler 2020
126 Posts
Lovely tail tidy and rear fender you’ve got there! Just a word of caution; you may wish to check the clearance between the fender and licence plate so that they don’t bash each other if you hit a bump with the rear wheel. I’ve had it before where I’ve managed to snap the rear licence plate off after reaching max compression on the rear spring on my previous R1200R. Angling the licence plate slightly would help this. Yours is a stunning example of the R NineT - very tastefully customised :)
thank you so much for your words and for the advice. I really appreciated. I will definitely follow your directions.

·
Registered
2018 BMW R NineT Classic
43 Posts

Changed the indicators to oem led bulbs today, works great but bulb sign appears on the speedo, isn’t it plug and play? why i get this error code? anyone knows?

481 - 500 of 533 Posts