BMW NineT Forum banner

721 - 740 of 749 Posts

·
Premium Member
R Nine T Classic 2020
165 Posts
Installed a Unit Garage pillion handle for two reasons, the first being that it allows a pillion to brace onto something during acceleration and second, it provides a useful handle to manoeuvre the bike around when on foot. In both respects it is far better than the leather strap on the seat. With a tail tidy it also affords a degree of protection to the rear brake light assembly once a roll bag is mounted. Installation was fairly easy and it is indeed compatible with the BMW factory side case mounts (the angle on the mounting frame is slightly off but it fits well enough - see third photo).

·
Registered
2019 BMW R NineT (Classic)
215 Posts
Installed a Unit Garage pillion handle for two reasons, the first being that it allows a pillion to brace onto something during acceleration and second, it provides a useful handle to manoeuvre the bike around when on foot. In both respects it is far better than the leather strap on the seat. With a tail tidy it also affords a degree of protection to the rear brake light assembly once a roll bag is mounted. Installation was fairly easy and it is indeed compatible with the BMW factory side case mounts (the angle on the mounting frame is slightly off but it fits well enough - see third photo).

View attachment 140606

View attachment 140607

View attachment 140608
Looking good !
Can I ask you ?
Do you know if with the Unit Garage grab rail allows
for the rear hump to be fitted?

·
Premium Member
R Nine T Classic 2020
165 Posts
Looking good !
Can I ask you ?
Do you know if with the Unit Garage grab rail allows
for the rear hump to be fitted?
Hi there @Error Flynn
Sorry, dont really know as have never fitted the rear hump before so dont know what clearances and fittings it uses. The link to the manufacturers website is below; says it can accommodate both the dual seat and double seat so might be possible.

Passenger grip

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Error Flynn

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
248 Posts
If she was followed by a red VFR 750, it was

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've had a deeply emotional day! After abandoning the R9T at the back of the tractor shed for 3 months, today I attempted to awake it from its period of hibernation. With considerable trepidation I rolled it out into daylight, turned the key, let it go through its cycles and pressed the starter button! With zero hesitation (and I mean absolutely zero hesitation) it fired up as though it had only been parked up for 30 minutes - not 3 months. Wow! Shock Horror! I was expecting at least a splutter or two, a few coughs or even a hesitation or three - but it delivered an instant start and my blood pressure quickly returned to normal. Very impressed with BMW technology - aided by Optimate in the background. Only thing that appeared slightly rusty was the owner, as he headed down the drive to get everything up to normal working temperatures before returning the R9T to the shed.

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
340 Posts
Very impressed with BMW technology - aided by Optimate in the background.

Fixed :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Installed bar end mirrors and tennis racket grip tape to the handlebars. The grip tapes are way better and comfortable than it looks. I bought the thin version but I’ll get the thicker version as soon as possible when decathlon supplies one. For the bar end mirrors, finally they are my taste of mirrors. Their height nearly same as the oem ones.
View attachment 137995

View attachment 137996

Hope you like it.
bike looks awesome.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
665 Posts
I performed my first service on my BMW, just an oil and filter change (though not without some unnecessary drama). I had the local BMW shop perform the running-in service last fall, so this was my first time doing it myself.

I also cleaned up the bike since I never got around to it after my last mid-winter ride. I should have done all this a month ago, but I'm glad it's done now. The bike looks better, and it was really nice just to hear it run a couple times after sitting for over a month! Even with the stock exhaust can I think this is a nice sounding machine. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi TimC,

Did you take this picture before or after you ran the bike? It might have too much oil in it...

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
665 Posts
Hi TimC,

Did you take this picture before or after you ran the bike? It might have too much oil in it...
After I ran it. The instructions I have said put in 4 liters, so I put in 4 liters. If I need to drain a few ounces, no problem. But I expect my new-ish bike will use some oil, too, so I'm not too worried either way.

721 - 740 of 749 Posts