BMW NineT Forum banner
41 - 60 of 3,948 Posts
Finished fitting the L/H 2v cover if you saw my thread you would see they were not a straight fit and needed work to them.

Then took it for the first long ride since:

Fitting the rev counter
New air filter
New iridium spark plugs set of 4
New 2v valve covers
Painted the headlight grill black
Installing a crash bar driving lamp ( not wired in yet as I may change the lamp)
Wunderlich comfort seat (I was going to return but made it fit slightly better when moving the fuel tank rearwards when tightening back up.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Plant

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Next will be a new read tyre

Four weeks ago, near the end of Daytona Bike Week, my best friend was severely injured when a non-driver idiot made a Uturn directly in front of him. He remains in the trauma hospital and had his SEVENTH surgery this morning.

In an effort to better compensate for for these non-driver idiots amongst us I changed out my 2" Rizoma LED Fogs (modified to amber) with a set of 3.5" PIAA LP-530 LED Fogs. As has been stated on this Forum, the PIAA harness looked like a child made it (apologies to any smart kids reading this), so I spliced them into the much superior Rizoma harness.

I am concerned that the new lights might mask my turn signals out I am talking to Mark at Weiser Technik about brighter signal LEDs and also possibly relocating the signals to the upper fork tubes like the GS.

And yes, thanks ahead of time, I did notice after posting the pictures that the lights are a bit askew and need a tweak. Sure don't want to distract the non-driver idiots with that.

I also installed a new belt cover because I got it cheap and it looked cool.

SAFETY NOTE (vent): After reviewing his injuries and inventorying the "gear" he was wearing I upgraded my already "good" gloves and boots to top of the line. He was wearing street cloths and a 20 year old HD novelty helmet. I have a background in crash investigation and I believe most of his injuries would have been prevented had he had on suitable riding gear. Get the best you can afford and WEAR it.

View attachment 163374 View attachment 163375 View attachment 163376 View attachment 163377 View attachment 163378
Red cable ties will make those crash bars look even better 🙂

I ordered the Ohlins rear shock absorber, it arrived the day before I left the UK for 3 weeks so it was something to look forward to after whizzing around Thailand on much smaller cc bikes and scooters. 1st day back with jet lag I couldn't resist putting it on.
I've set it so it's around 20mm higher (middle of the seat) + I have the higher seat. Being a heavy guy 108kg and riding with a pillion and luggage often, I can't believe how much better the ride is going in and out the corners in particular. Looking forward to doing the front end.

You can just about see the seats higher in the bottom pic. And the sag is significantly less with it being suitable for my weight.

Definitely will be going to Thailand again for a longer adventure on a bigger bike 👌

Phuket! Nice! I heard good things about Chang Mai region from my friend who rented "normal" bike there.
Rode in Pattaya, Koh Samui, Phangan & Lanta this time. Also went to phi phi, Krabi & Railay.
Next time I want to ride Phuket to Chang Mai. Not sure if it would be better to buy a motorcycle & sell it when I leave

Minor thing. Left rear indicator had moisture ingress. Despite being an electrical engineer for over 40 years the dealership I purchased the bike from 100 miles away were not able to send me a replacement. Contacted the nearest multi franchise dealership 17 miles away and had to take it there for a warranty swap-out!

View attachment 165565

View attachment 165566
I've put small silica bead packets In Light housings that suffer with this. Works well

41 - 60 of 3,948 Posts