Administrator
12,190 Posts
WOW, beautiful craftsmanship, @NateE :)

Reactions: NateE

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks for doing this! :)
+1; looking at changing my battery soon.. mine is coming up on 2,5 years (2018).
Still works fine; but i replace my battery's every 2,5 / 3 years even if they still work fine.. they always tend to instantly die on me.

·
Premium Member
2018 R Nine T Pure
134 Posts
Productive day today. Installed the X-Ray centre stand. Something that BMW should have made standard. Took a little longer than I expected but went on. I will have to replace one M8 X 80 bolt. It was a little shitty and the head stripped , so I will have to source a new one. Might be a little difficult as everything around here is SAE. Also put on a little rear rack off of Amazon.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
807 Posts
Most mods I've ever done were functional, and if they looked cool too, well, that was a bonus. But the last mod (the Rizoma low headlight fairing) and today's two mods have been more aesthetic, but what can I say? My bike is a little vain. ;)

Today I installed a Wunderlich handlebar crossbar and a Wunderlich paralever pivot cover. The crossbar is mostly for looks, but I'm also telling myself since I'm a big guy the crossbar will add a little more rigidity to the tubular bar when I'm muscling the bike into a corner. It might also come in handy when mounting some accessory in the future, like a GPS or phone mount. Installation was fairly easy and the finish on the pieces match the handlebar and clamp perfectly.

The paralever pivot cover is not functional, it's just a little silver button to dress up the frame a bit. But hey, it was on sale and I was already ordering the crossbar, so why not? I only hope the O-ring that keeps that little button mounted holds over bumpy roads, otherwise there's $31.41 down the drain.

Wunderlich handlebar crossbar:

Wunderlich paralever pivot cover:

·
Registered
101 Posts
1. I had Akro. Catless Headers with stock Twin Cans (good sound, not loud enough), then had K-Speed Diablo Exhaust (good sound, very loud, but headers had some QA issues), and now i've put the OE Headers on with Twin Brothers Slip-On (without DB Killer) and gives me just the right volume and a good sound.

2. PlastiDip'd the Aluminum Intake (i bought some random black trim covers from hardware store as the OE silver screws stood out like a pimple).

3. While taking pictures, I noticed the OE headers had nasty brown "oily" marks. I got some "Blue Magic: Metal [Chrome] Polish Cream" and lightly polished it with a wool pad on an orbital. I didn't want to put too much pressure, just enough to remove the stains (left the blue on top alone as I don't mind it).

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Registered
75 Posts
1. I had Akro. Catless Headers with stock Twin Cans (good sound, not loud enough), then had K-Speed Diablo Exhaust (good sound, very loud, but headers had some QA issues), and now i've put the OE Headers on with Twin Brothers Slip-On (without DB Killer) and gives me just the right volume and a good sound.
What QA issues did you have?

·
Registered
2018 R NineT - Blue Planet Metallic w/ 719 billet options
12 Posts
I had the dealer that I bought my 2018 R NineT add the BMW windscreen in brushed aluminum before they delivered the bike last week. I like the design of that windscreen along with the brushed finish, but as my bike has the blue planet metallic paint I felt the windscreen needed a splash of color. My local body shop matched the color code and I had him paint the center to match the bike and leave the sides brushed aluminum.

Before:

After:

Probably would look better if I had taken the photo in the sunlight so the blue metallic pops, but you get the idea. BMW did not have a paint code for the gold stripes and we couldn't match exactly looking at different color pallets from paint manufacturers. I'm on the fence about adding the gold stripes. On one hand, the front fender is all blue with the silver on the forks which matches the pattern on the windscreen and leaves quite a bit of brushed aluminum exposed. On the other hand, the gold stripes would match the tank and rear seat cowl. Decisions, decisions...

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,416 Posts
On the other hand, the gold stripes would match the tank and rear seat cowl. Decisions, decisions...
I say go with the stripes for a better match-up. (y)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
What did I do to my 9T today ? I rode with the wind, felt the power between my legs, gripped the bars for dear life, twisted her wrist till she scared the hell out of me, broke 100 frequently, found my way home, wiped all the road dust off her finish, checked the oil, cleaned the bugs off my teeth, got myself a stiff drink and sat in the hot tub for two hours. A day well spent ! Can’t wait for tomorrow to do it again. Thank you Germany for the ride of a life time every single day... Sleep well my two-wheeled friend. ......Blitz

·
Registered
2021 Urban
22 Posts
What did I do to my 9T today ? I rode with the wind, felt the power between my legs, gripped the bars for dear life, twisted her wrist till she scared the hell out of me, broke 100 frequently, found my way home, wiped all the road dust off her finish, checked the oil, cleaned the bugs off my teeth, got myself a stiff drink and sat in the hot tub for two hours. A day well spent ! Can’t wait for tomorrow to do it again. Thank you Germany for the ride of a life time every single day... Sleep well my two-wheeled friend. ......Blitz
Don’t worry, things will pick up 😂

·
Registered
2018 R NineT - Blue Planet Metallic w/ 719 billet options
12 Posts
I say go with the stripes for a better match-up. (y)
Yes, I keep looking at it and thinking the gold stripes would be perfect. The deterrent is having to create a custom paint to do it. Still surprised BMW doesn't have a paint code for the gold.

861 - 880 of 905 Posts