BMW NineT Forum banner

941 - 960 of 1044 Posts

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
259 Posts
Exclusive brushed emblems and gas cap. I don’t really love the gas cap, may end up in market place View attachment 142279
Ageer with you on the gascap. Not sure if I would put that on my bike. Like the emblems though

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
A hair blower and very little heat and a lot if patience as you slowly with care push out bubbles. If to hot it will shrink. Tey it next time.
I tried that already.. even putting in holes with a needle etc.
They sent a new set because this set did not go on right.
Just waiting for hotter weather to stick on the new set.

·
Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
249 Posts
I tried that already.. even putting in holes with a needle etc.
They sent a new set because this set did not go on right.
Just waiting for hotter weather to stick on the new set.
It could also be quality and type of plastic. I am not an expert, but quality differ. Cut small slits in mine. Clear protective film on tank was not easy. Will do a photo.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bled and installed the HC3 levers today. Used blue Magura blood from the bike shop. Let me say that while this install isn’t hard, it’s EXTREMELY tedious if you get air in your lines because of the ABS system. I tried a vacuum hand pump, that made things worse, then did a caliper-to-master bleed, was better, then had a friend come over and use a compressor vacuum system. It feels SIGNIFICANTLY better than stock, but the brake isn’t as rock solid as I would have expected, so I have an appointment with the dealer to bleed it on Thursday just to be certain all the air is out (anybody who has seen the pump system a dealer uses to bleed brakes know there is zero chance of air being in the system if done correctly.)

Also, because I didn’t want to cut the factory harness, I cut the female end off the oem clutch switch connector, trimmed up the connector so it would be as small as possible when heat shrinked, and plugged it in.

In the end, I would have gladly paid the dealer one or two hours of labor to install and bleed the brake and clutch. It was satisfying, yes, but bleeding brakes suckson a bike with ABS
View attachment 142336
View attachment 142337
View attachment 142338
View attachment 142339
View attachment 142340
View attachment 142341

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
969 Posts
I cleaned up the bike today. I got caught in the rain on the way home last Sunday afternoon, and today finally had time to clean it up.

Then I tried to install a couple mods. It didn't work out. :(

·
Registered
2021 Urban
58 Posts
Bled and installed the HC3 levers today. Used blue Magura blood from the bike shop. Let me say that while this install isn’t hard, it’s EXTREMELY tedious if you get air in your lines because of the ABS system. I tried a vacuum hand pump, that made things worse, then did a caliper-to-master bleed, was better, then had a friend come over and use a compressor vacuum system. It feels SIGNIFICANTLY better than stock, but the brake isn’t as rock solid as I would have expected, so I have an appointment with the dealer to bleed it on Thursday just to be certain all the air is out (anybody who has seen the pump system a dealer uses to bleed brakes know there is zero chance of air being in the system if done correctly.)

Also, because I didn’t want to cut the factory harness, I cut the female end off the oem clutch switch connector, trimmed up the connector so it would be as small as possible when heat shrinked, and plugged it in.

In the end, I would have gladly paid the dealer one or two hours of labor to install and bleed the brake and clutch. It was satisfying, yes, but bleeding brakes suckson a bike with ABS
View attachment 142336
View attachment 142337
View attachment 142338
View attachment 142339
View attachment 142340
View attachment 142341
Wow well done.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Crump buster is in reverse position. Also put in throttel. Be carefully when ride in town/city. It is comfortable and useful during long highway but not when you have to cross any town. Better get Off.

Disregard my last. I dont know how saw Picture. ...
No, its in the correct position actually.

·
Registered
2018 R NineT - Blue Planet Metallic w/ 719 billet options
16 Posts
Oh yeah... almost forgot to add these photos of my BrakeAway throttle lock I added last night. I had one of these on an old FJR1300 and it works great. You'll see a bar with a cam that the brake lever will hit when you apply the front brake which immediately releases the tension on the throttle. I've always felt this design was safer than having to untwist a bar end lock or hit a button in situations where your main focus is on stopping or braking hard and then maneuvering yourself out of a bad situation. It also has a disengagement at your thumb as well. Technically, BrakeAway does not make one of these for any BMW and they have disclaimers all over their website about not using this on a bike it is not tested for, but that is for the lawyers. I made sure the clearances and setup was accurate and it works perfectly. This is the 7CP02 model designed for 7/8 inch diameter bars:

Taking her out this afternoon for a test ride to ensure engagement and release works properly at speed as it does sitting still. They also make comments about how this is not compatible with heated grips, but I think that may have to do with some bikes which have the wiring that would be in the way of installing this properly. There is not that much pressure on the grip when engaged so I don't see how this would affect the heated grips. Guess I'll find out on that issue today as well.

Update: Just got back and everything works perfectly including the heated grips. Definitely nice to give my right hand a break from time to time. Engagement and disengagement of the throttle lock is very easy and fast.

941 - 960 of 1044 Posts