BMW NineT Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1044 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
391 Posts
I can’t ride my motorcycle, so typically, things were bought for it...custom exhaust was finished up by my builder, should be here by the end of next week. Full titanium, fully custom. He forgot to weigh it before boxing it up, but including the box and packaging, it weighs just under 2 lbs 😂
View attachment 142499
View attachment 142500
Super stoked to get this installed. Hopefully next weekend I’ll be able to ride. Also ordered the fully adjustable Ohlins rear shock....no idea when that shows though, but hopefully next week as well 😬
Be careful, it says “vibrant”!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ordered these today....we’ll see how long it takes them to arrive. AC Schnitzer USA said it should ship same or next day if the website says it’s in stock...so we’ll see.

Those of you who have a 6 inch rear wheel, did you stick with a 180 or go up to a 190? Stay at the 55 height?

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is not about my pure but my Aprilia RSV Tuono. The 180 tire seems quicker handling than the 190. It has a 6" wheel.
I've been reading that the 180 definitely feels quicker, but you can't get as good a lean angle but I have no idea how MUCH lean angle you lose. I can't seem to find anything that say how much, and considering it says a 180/55 fits a 5.5 or 6 inch rim, it really makes me wondering if it's pretty non-existent and just in people's heads.

Supposedly, going from a 5.5 inch rim with a 180/55, to get the same feeling on a 6 inch rim, you should use a 190/55, not the typical 190/50 that's the typical 190 size.

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
391 Posts
Ordered these today....we’ll see how long it takes them to arrive. AC Schnitzer USA said it should ship same or next day if the website says it’s in stock...so we’ll see.
View attachment 142638

Those of you who have a 6 inch rear wheel, did you stick with a 180 or go up to a 190? Stay at the 55 height?
Wow, @NateE they look marbleous! 😉 Great choice!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I agree with Norbi ... Beautiful ! Please post Picts when complete. Any idea what the weight difference is between those and stock wheels. Just curious. .....Blitz

·
Registered
17’ Urban GS
13 Posts
My Urban GS has just clocked over 10,000km. Thought I would give the GS a birthday changing all the fluids. Including fork oil.

I think, I will call my bike Hover. On replacing the air filter. There was bees, wasps, leaves stuck to the air cleaner. Turned out replacing the air cleaner was more time consuming than I thought it be. Yes I have made a guard to over the intake…now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fitted these very minimal cilinder cap covers. I like they've no brand or any words on them - really blend in. Purchased through Motea . com if anyone else is interested, they've got some discounts going on atm.

I'm preparing to go on a long trip, leaving tomorrow. From Madrid, Spain with the end destination Amsterdam, Netherlands. Feel free to follow along here if you're in on some scenery and whatever else I will bump into along the way.

Thread on my trip from Madrid to Amsterdam.

Reactions: TimC

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree with Norbi ... Beautiful ! Please post Picts when complete. Any idea what the weight difference is between those and stock wheels. Just curious. .....Blitz
The wheels themselves are over 15 lbs lighter (6.61kg weight savings on wheels alone PLUS the weight of the tubes as these are tubeless.) Those steel spokes are heavy. So closing in on 20lbs. I’ll be using the same tires, so I’ll weigh it total savings once they arrive.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ok, @NateE I can see the winner of BOTM May already! This will be hard to beat. Congrats In advance!
Haha, probably not. There’s some stiff competition in here. I think after these mods I’m done though, maybe a few small things to do and a headlight if I can find one I like, but we’ll see. MAYBE a belly pan? I haven’t found one I’ve fallen head over heels for.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've been reading that the 180 definitely feels quicker, but you can't get as good a lean angle but I have no idea how MUCH lean angle you lose. I can't seem to find anything that say how much, and considering it says a 180/55 fits a 5.5 or 6 inch rim, it really makes me wondering if it's pretty non-existent and just in people's heads.

Supposedly, going from a 5.5 inch rim with a 180/55, to get the same feeling on a 6 inch rim, you should use a 190/55, not the typical 190/50 that's the typical 190 size.
Well as I said on my Aprilia Tuono I went to a 180. In the owner's manual, it gives you a choice. 190 stock or 180 which is stock on the R model, which is their more racy model!! Do I would say it doesn't affect lean angle!! Being an R9T, you would never feel any lean angle problem if it did affect it!!!!

·
Registered
2017 R9T Classic
42 Posts
I bought one of those on eBay weeks ago and it never showed up. 😞
Bought mine from amazon, took a while to arrive but no issues. I did just order a couple of items from ebay and it looks like 4-8 weeks for delivery. Hopefully they will arrive.

I just got notified that my Daedalus package will arrive today, super excited!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I installed this decal on my gas tank. It took a little bit of patience for a perfect application :)

View attachment 142717
Wow that looks amazing!

Today I finally got rid of the db killer, installed a usb charger, and adjusted the rear suspension a bit(hopefully for the better).

I am trying to get to know the bike a bit better, but I’m sure we’ll be best mates soon!

981 - 1000 of 1044 Posts