BMW NineT Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1206 Posts

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
360 Posts
I brought her on my first gravel road ever, also to test the new tyres (Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR):

1) Tyres test: passed! Great control of the front wheel, with very good grip
2) Bike test: passed with known limitations, the stock suspensions of the Urban GS have their limits, but on a gravel road with no complicated passage, they did their job
3) Rider test: passed with some consequences... (today I have every kind of muscular pain...) 🙃

·
Registered
362 Posts
Stuck on some anti stonechip stickers in the dimples of the tank.
Noticed the front wheel would fling small stones etc ontop of the tank there..

·
Registered
2017 Prambler
312 Posts
I brought her on my first gravel road ever, also to test the new tyres (Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR):

1) Tyres test: . . .
2) Bike test: . . .
3) Rider test: passed with some consequences... (today I have every kind of muscular pain...) 🙃
Had to laugh at this. I know the muscle aches & pains after riding offroad, it's an age thing. The older I get, the sorer I get after days having fun.

Best,
-Tim

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
360 Posts
haha Tim, worth it anyhow :)

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Classic
5 Posts
RP Tuning slip on arrived and installed. Also removed the rear sub-frame. Took about 10 minutes and what a difference! Even with the DB Killer (which I can remove easily if I decide) it sounds much better! RP Tuning was also kind enough to send me their slip on without their logo which I wanted for a cleaner look. Time to go riding!
View attachment 141865
How much did it cost ?

·
Registered
2014 R nineT
22 Posts
I purchased my R nineT a little bit more than a week go, and am still getting to know her.

1) Figured out how to open the lockable oil filler cap. The previous owner had upgraded to this:Locking Oil Filler Cap R1250GS, GSA, R1200GS, R1200R, R1200RT & HP2 . At first I wasn't able to figure out how the lock worked, and the problem was compounded because he overtightened the cap.

2) Mounted this: Traction 2-Up Seat for BMW R nineT . The original owner included it in the sale. I ordered a Sargent seat and sent in the passenger comfort seat to Sargent so they could put in their own filling and put a new cover to match the seat they sold to me. The mounting bolt that came with the RS single piece seat seems to be too short, so I purchased a longer one (M6x60mm, hex/allen) and the fit is much better. I'll probably wind up selling it once I get the Sargent.

3) Bike wash

4) Filled up the tank. I had to lift the tank to install a battery/air filter earlier in the week, and accidentally disconnected one of the quick disconnects. I was able to check the O-ring and it seemed fine. I connected it and it clicked right in. The QD didn't look damaged. So far no leaks but I'll probably switch to metal disconnects later this year.

·
Registered
2018 r nine t pure
41 Posts
I gave the pure a wash, added a skid plate, and turned my mirrors down (mostly just to see how useless they are that way). They're much more visible than I thought they'd be, and they don't hit the tank, but probably still not functional enough to justify leaving them that way. We'll see tomorrow!

·
Registered
2018 R9T Classic
8 Posts
I installed the Motodemic led headlight today.
After putting the head light cowl back on i noticed the the lamp is not centered in the cowl. ~10 mm. distance at the top and hardly any at the bottom.
I have checked every single screw and bracket. But nothing nothing seems to be wrong.

I had the headlight out when installing the rev counter. But you can´t really get those two bolts wrong...or maybe i can?
It´s hard to tell how others look from pictures. So i would be thankful, if anyone with a Turban can check this on their bike.

View attachment 143321 View attachment 143322 View attachment 143323
Looks like this is probably from the slight angle at which your headlight is aimed. It's adjustable but I wouldn't bump it much purely for aesthetics.

·
Registered
BMW R NineT Urban GS
36 Posts
Looks like this is probably from the slight angle at which your headlight is aimed. It's adjustable but I wouldn't bump it much purely for aesthetics.
Thanks, flyaway.
I have adjusted it for the light to have to right angle downwards. But there is no way ( slack in the brackets ) to raise the whole lamp. I have seen a few pictures since of the same bike with the same "problem", and even a new one in the shop today. So i stopped worrying:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
New tires fitted, Pirelli Scorpion Trail II. Time to tackle the valves. Rear wheel mounted with a T-valve and front wheel added an extra valve for the TPMS sensors.

·
Registered
BMW R NineT Urban GS
36 Posts
Took the Turban to the first service today.
After an unhealthy amount of coffee and pastry in the lounge i spent time looking for second bike options...pretty wide span of opportinuties:unsure:

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
459 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
459 Posts
I’d start thinking about a locked-away garage, some massive chain or a close-by shotgun at least - this thing starts attracting bad guys...
Have you informed your insurance yet about the estimated replacement value? I have sent mine a list...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I’d start thinking about a locked-away garage, some massive chain or a close-by shotgun at least - this thing starts attracting bad guys...
Have you informed your insurance yet about the estimated replacement value? I have sent mine a list...
I’m giving them a call tomorrow to add the value of all the mods and replacement value…this is gonna get ugly 😂

I’m actually about to buy one of these since I don’t have a garage:

1121 - 1140 of 1206 Posts