BMW NineT Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1203 Posts

·
Administrator
12,415 Posts
What an amazing bike @NateE congrats on the progress! Those wheels are amazing!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I installed the INOX SubFrame Pannier racks on my Urban today. Going to use soft bags for now, but when my house in the US sells I'll probably order the Atlas panniers.

Also installed a TFX 3 way adjustable rear shock. 15mm longer than OEM on the Urban.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,114 Posts
Enjoy the TFX, great product. Should have been the first mod I did.
I ordered a TFX rear shock about a week ago. I'm hoping it will arrive in another 2-3 weeks, then (with the help of a friend) I'll install the shock and the new RaceTech fork springs that came this week. :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
On my TFX the reservoir prevents me from reinstalling the Machine Art Moto Mud Sling to protect it. If the reservoir had been installed just a little more clockwise it would have fit no problem. Not sure what my solution will be yet.

·
Registered
2019 R NineT Cross wire spokes, Scrambler
65 Posts
On my TFX the reservoir prevents me from reinstalling the Machine Art Moto Mud Sling to protect it. If the reservoir had been installed just a little more clockwise it would have fit no problem. Not sure what my solution will be yet.
Carve a hole where the reservoir touches the Mud Sling, and glue a rubber “patch” on the wet side. Easy fix!

Ciao, DC

·
Registered
533 Posts
yeah that would work but if I can get the reservoir rotated a little, since there is plenty of room, then I could keep the mud sling intact.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I’m giving them a call tomorrow to add the value of all the mods and replacement value…this is gonna get ugly 😂

I’m actually about to buy one of these since I don’t have a garage:
View attachment 143657
You should wire the door with a switch to a silent alarm that sits by your bed to wake you in the night if the buildings burgled. A motion sensor flood light would be good too ... helps to see, and can be outfitted to ring a bell when tripped even before the door is opened. I actually put disk locks on both wheels every night when I put my baby to bed. Somebody’s going to be hacking, grinding on them or putting the bike on their back. Make it difficult as hell to roll away. For a half hours work, a bike like yours would pull $10K on the black market easily. Take care and prepare. Use the door handle lock but add a hasp and heavy padlock too. That style door lock (any style) is a breeze to silently pick. GoodLuck ....

·
Registered
2017 Prambler
312 Posts
finally…arrived….in love…I can’t powdercoat them black…too many details to get hidden…

View attachment 143595
@NateE those wheels are stunning. What is the story behind them? Where did you get them, what bike are they originally designed for, what size are they, and are they forged or cast? Sorry, too many questions maybe.

Best,
-Tim

·
Registered
205 Posts
@NateE those wheels are stunning. What is the story behind them? Where did you get them, what bike are they originally designed for, what size are they, and are they forged or cast? Sorry, too many questions maybe.

Best,
-Tim
Nah, not too many questions. They're for the NineT, they're made by AC Schnitzer. They're the smae size as stock, except the rear is a 6 inch rim instead of a 5.5. They're CNC forged wheels.

·
Registered
69 Posts
@NateE - You really have made some great mods to your bike!! I assumed all along that you had her tucked in a garage! I am sure a bunch of us have had bikes snatched (I know I have) so please get that thing protected or park it in the living room (which isn't a bad idea either since it's so pretty!)! If some villain grabs her, I am sure everyone on the forum will hear the cries, no matter where they are!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
@NateE - You really have made some great mods to your bike!! I assumed all along that you had her tucked in a garage! I am sure a bunch of us have had bikes snatched (I know I have) so please get that thing protected or park it in the living room (which isn't a bad idea either since it's so pretty!)! If some villain grabs her, I am sure everyone on the forum will hear the cries, no matter where they are!!
I lived in gated community (Cotton mill turned loft apartments) with security and police that roamed the premises regularly so I wasn't worried. All of those pics in front of the bricks are just outside of my living room window, so she was never really out of sight lol.

However, I recently moved into a house with a fenced in lockable gate. Garages are unheard of here in downtown SC because all of the homes are mill homes and mill neighborhoods as Greenville, SC was the textile capital of the south. The mill I lived in was actually the mill where they set the price for cotton for the entire world before the war. Move out about 30 minutes out of the city and garages are aplenty in new construction subdivisions.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well this happened yesterday. I got a little too spirited in the corners and heard a scraping noise when almost fully laid over in a few of the corners. I was like “whoa, I’m scraping my cylinder heads!” Nope…belly pan was scraping. 🤦🏽‍♂️😂

Not sure whether to keep it as a badge of honor or not. Spoke with the manufacturer and they said that’s the first time they’ve ever had the issue. They’re looking into why mine would hit but nobody else’s. Kinda cool, kinda makes me cry a bit 😂

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
459 Posts
Well this happened yesterday. I got a little too spirited in the corners and heard a scraping noise when almost fully laid over in a few of the corners. I was like “whoa, I’m scraping my cylinder heads!” Nope…belly pan was scraping. 🤦🏽‍♂️😂 View attachment 143882
View attachment 143883
View attachment 143884
Not sure whether to keep it as a badge of honor or not. Spoke with the manufacturer and they said that’s the first time they’ve ever had the issue. They’re looking into why mine would hit but nobody else’s. Kinda cool, kinda makes me cry a bit 😂
Badge of honor, not everyone can show that! Now, try to produce those same marks on your elbow! 👍
Put a 🩹 on it

·
Registered
205 Posts
Badge of honor, not everyone can show that! Now, try to produce those same marks on your elbow! 👍
Put a 🩹 on it
Haha. I kinda thought it was. Every time it happened it was under gassing it mid corner…maybe I need to stiffen up my compression? If I keep riding that way there’ll be a hole 😂. And no, I’m only 180lbs, I’m not fat making the bike squat 😂

1141 - 1160 of 1203 Posts