BMW NineT Forum banner

1161 - 1172 of 1172 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Might be time to get your suspension adjusted. I wore through the header crossover at the bottom front of my VFR800 before I realized my suspension wasn't set right.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Might be time to get your suspension adjusted. I wore through the header crossover at the bottom front of my VFR800 before I realized my suspension wasn't set right.
Yeah, the times it happened were all gassing it through the corner going up hill…I’m guessing it squatted quite a bit. I’ve got an Ohlins rear that was supposed to be here 2 days ago…but no word on it (it’s coming from Ohlins directly).

·
Registered
2014 R nineT
16 Posts
Oil change. Don't know when the last owner previously did it. Burned my hand on the headers or something even after waiting 20 min lol. Had some Polish apple pie and German wine afterwards to feel better.

Also, I used the Hornig stand, same as the Becker one. The oil drain plug and oil filter are very close to the center stand, which makes it difficult to collect the dirty oil if you don't have an oil pan that fits directly underneath.

View attachment 143907

Attachments

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,065 Posts
Don't feel too bad, @keithmateo -- I can't count how many times I managed to burn one of my hands, draw blood, or at least scrape a little skin off trying to work on my motorcycle. My R9T Pure is much easier to work on than my old VFR 800 was, but that doesn't keep me from self-inflicted minor injuries while I'm wrenching even now.

At least the pie looked good! :)

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
454 Posts
Abandoned and hibernated the RNineT yesterday (too hot in TX), heading out to CO with the boys:

Ride, people, RIDE!!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
If you are curious, here is my list of add-ons.
1. Ohlins cartridge, upfront
2. Ohlins shock, rear
3. Fork protectors by Traxxion Dynamics
4. DK Design meter
5. Voight risers
6. Crud Catcher by Cymarc
7. GUB [handlebar] phone holder
8. Evotech oil cooler guard
9. SW-Motech head protectors
10. Rizoma side covers
11. Roland Sands swing-arm bearing covers
12. R & G shock tube protector
14. Puig hugger
15. Air-Hawk seat pad [even with after-market foam, the original seat was uncomfortable]
On order:
Puig Naked New Generation Windshield
Phillips Motovision H4 bulb
For the H/L bulb, I dropped the idea of a LED bulb,
LEDs are bright but their beam spread is not the best unless installed as a total package with a matching reflector.
BMW's 2021 headlamp is very nice, but costs $$$ and I do not night-ride that much, cost vs benefit, as dictated to me by the Ministry of Finance & Warfare [I borrowed that term!].
The after-market LED units either do not suit the bike or [as in the case of the cheaper ones] the lumen output is fudged.

1161 - 1172 of 1172 Posts