BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1241 - 1260 of 1320 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I bought 2x wideband sensor for my Rapid Bike module and I am figuring out where to install them.

Option 1:
Install the wideband in front of the OEM sensor. It will be angled and directly above where the two pipes are joined together by a transversal pipe. I don’t know if that will have impact or not.

Option 2:
Install the wideband where the OEM sensor is (use same thread). And install the OEM sensor behind the wideband at the back by 2 – 3 inches. The wideband does not fit at the back, only the OEM can.

I am leaning for Option #2.

View attachment 144569
Definitely option 2.
Have you figured out where you’re gonna put the boxes?

·
Premium Member
2016 R Nine T Classic
559 Posts
Definitely option 2.
Have you figured out where you’re gonna put the boxes?
Not yet - was hoping next to the Rapid Bike module (between tank and seat) but I am out of space. I need to look somewhere below the tank, maybe next to the ECU.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Not yet - was hoping next to the Rapid Bike module (between tank and seat) but I am out of space. I need to look somewhere below the tank, maybe next to the ECU.
There’s the triangle area right above the oil cooler behind the steertube that is fairly roomy. I put the massive resistors that came with the Rizoma turn signals there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You being in Europe, these will fit just fine at the front and rear. As for anyone interested in getting these in North America, the fronts will fit just fine, but if want to keep the stock rear fender, keep in mind that our Brake light are larger than the Euro Brake light, therefor it will partially block the Euro. LED indicators as they don't have the extended stem.

EDIT: I have Daedalus rear kit, so i don't use the indicators for the rears, but I went a head and tested it on my OE rear and it appears that the indicator DOES (just barely) clear the "larger" North American version of the brake light.

Also (i think this applies just for us in North America), to prevent hyper flash and\or LAMP error on 2020 or below, you'll also need a resistor for each indicator OR you can use MotoScan app (i think you need the Pro or Ultimate version) to flash the ECU to accept the LED indicators.

Let me add that i'm already seeing fake versions of these online. Try to buy from a reputable BMW OEM parts website, but if you are hoping for some used ones on eBay (that's how I found mine), here is a picture comparing the fake vs authentic versions

Thanks for detailing this. I have put some of the fake ones on my 1250GS. The look fine, but the problem is they are not water tight. They will fill up with water if you aren't extremely careful washing your bike.

·
Registered
587 Posts
In an pearlier post I mentioned installing the Unit Garage 12mm GPS crossbar that follows the profile of the headlight shroud for a nice clean look, and then mounting my GPS to it with a Motopumps mount. Unfortunately the GPS was blocking some of the Speedometer area even when set to the highest setting. Here is what a Motopump mount looks like. (This is not on an R Nine T) It's made of Delrin, and the clamping portion attaches to the square AMP pattern plate in one of three positions, low middle and high. The GPS mount has an AMP pattern so mounts on the center of the AMP pattern plate.

I reasoned that if I doubled up another plate, I could get a little more height out of it. So I called Rob at Motopumps and ordered just the AMP pattern plate and some extra screws, and was able to make up this mount.

There are three screws used to attach the two plates together. Two are easily visible, and the third is the top bolt in the clamping area that goes through the rear and front half of the clamp, then the lower backplate and the upper backplate, sandwiching the whole thing together. This setup is really solid, and puts the GPS in the perfect spot just above the speedo. I also mounted the ZumoLock as a deterrent.

It looks off center in the photo below but that was the angle it was taken at. It is dead on center when sitting on the bike.

In the end it turned out to be a much more solid mount than a RAM system, and doesn't have all the weight of a RAM ball system either. I had the RAM pieces that came with the GPS for about a week before I got the Motopumps mount and was not happy with it. It would bounce around too easily, and the weight and off center aspect of the RAM mount made the unit rotate on washboard roads.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yesterday I rode my Rnine Classic for the first time since the end of the summer 2019, when it went into winter hibernation. I didn't ride it at all last year because of the covid restrictions, so didn't bother to get it MOT'd or taxed.

But all that has changed in the last 24 hours.......an MOT test yest afternoon and taxed it this morn. Yeehaa.

It felt great to be on it again, but was surprised about how quirky and raw (didn't want to use the word 'agricultural'!) it felt, and had all but forgotten about the hot oily aroma the motah emits.......traits which are not evident in other bikes I've been riding this year!! The instant grunt, pin sharp brakes and flickable chassis were welcome though......along with the glorious noise from the de-catted and de-flaped Akra system. Lully.

Sadly it'll only get about 3 months of use before the weather worsens and it gets laid-up for the winter again, but at least it will get to drag it's pegs and rip through some tyre rubber before then......scaring the bejeezuz into small children and old people......and dozy car drivers......whilst it's at it!!!!!

·
Registered
2018 r nine t pure
54 Posts
Today I added two items recently purchased from the marketplace: a unit garage pannier and an OEM high bench seat w/Luimoto suede skin. I LOVE this seat! My knees are really going to appreciate that extra 1-1/3".

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,310 Posts
Today I added two items recently purchased from the marketplace: a unit garage pannier and an OEM high bench seat w/Luimoto suede skin. I LOVE this seat! My knees are really going to appreciate that extra 1-1/3".
I like my Sargent seat, and I don't think my short legs could accommodate a much higher seat height, but that high bench seat looks amazing. (y)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Ordered some Denali DM lights with yellow filters. I like the halogen lights on the urban.. but i want some lights with a little more reach/better optics. Going to install them coming week

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
This sweet bit of kit came in today…it was a prototype from DesmoRacing. The owner said everything they produced for the bike was one and done for the NineT. Didn’t go into why, but I’m not gonna complain as this piece is beautiful and really great quality. Everything lined up. 100% Carbon and is one piece. I must say, I wasn’t expecting there to be a big drop in weight, I got it for aesthetics, but thing things weighs like half of the oem hump.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Tail tidy!

Also dropped it off for level 2 service at 24k miles, which according to the service schedule means everything gets checked. First time not going to a dealer for service. Any bets on cost? 12k service at a dealer was about $800 iirc.

·
Registered
33 Posts

I installed the windshield extension to the Unit Garage Fenouil screen plus installed the white Acerbis Duel Road Hand Guards. The big test for the screen extension this weekend will be on the motorways down to Somerset.

·
Registered
2019 BMW RnineT
53 Posts
I swapped the oem exhaust with the SC Project Conic exhaust. I forgot the pipe sealant in the first attempt, so I had to go back and installed it again. No more water leak :)

Without the db killer, this pipe is very loud, and that's how I like it.

·
Read Only
BMW R NineT Urban GS
45 Posts
I swapped the oem exhaust with the SC Project Conic exhaust. I forgot the pipe sealant in the first attempt, so I had to go back and installed it again. No more water leak :)

Without the db killer, this pipe is very loud, and that's how I like it. View attachment 144844
Looks good(y)
I have been waiting for the same exhaust for 5 weeks now. Every week i get a new excuse why they can´t deliver.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Got some handlebar risers installed.. God what a difference this makes! The bike is 100 times more comfortable for my riding. Tip for everyone; whatever you think the next mod is.. it should be bar risers. I went for a 40mm increase by Wunderlich. Great quality and looks OEM. The outcome for me is a more upright position resulting in relaxed shoulders/back and an overall more relaxing ride. Also by looking up a bit more i decreased the wind i get directly on my helmet.. also noticed the bike is easier to steer into corners.

And some extra daytime pics of the Denali Lights. Installed the spotlight amber filters on both of the Denali DM lights.

·
Registered
2021 Urban
90 Posts
Wow Chris those lights look fantastic. I recently put the hornig up and back risers on mine and I agree, an instant improvement As you feel sat in the bike rather than on top of it.
what crash bars are those?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Wow Chris those lights look fantastic. I recently put the hornig up and back risers on mine and I agree, an instant improvement As you feel sat in the bike rather than on top of it.
what crash bars are those?
They are Sw motech crashbars. I also agree that you sit more "in" the bike.. im very happy :)

Maybe next a foopeg lowering kit.. if i already see what a simple bar rising kit does..

Important extra info when fitting the 40mm extensions: The clutch line will have to be a bit longer. BMW is going to order and mount a longer line for me. The original line works but when pulling the bars maximum to one side it rubs to the top yoke.

1241 - 1260 of 1320 Posts