BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1261 - 1280 of 1320 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got some handlebar risers installed.. God what a difference this makes! The bike is 100 times more comfortable for my riding. Tip for everyone; whatever you think the next mod is.. it should be bar risers. I went for a 40mm increase by Wunderlich. Great quality and looks OEM. The outcome for me is a more upright position resulting in relaxed shoulders/back and an overall more relaxing ride. Also by looking up a bit more i decreased the wind i get directly on my helmet.. also noticed the bike is easier to steer into corners.
Totally agree. I bought ones to get the handlebars up and towards you. Huuuugh difference in comfort.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If those dogs are Boerboels (Mastiff from South Africa), no thief is going to get even near your bike.
(I owned that breed and in a heartbeat would get another!)
You right, we love this breed!! (the small one) the female arrived directly from South Africa. .

·
Premium Member
2016 R Nine T Classic
559 Posts
I received my exhaust with the two bungs welded for my two wideband O2 sensor. This is more of a trial, if I am liking the results, I will most probably do the same thing on new Akra headers.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,310 Posts
Today...I finally rode my motorcycle again.

It's been over two weeks since my last ride. I've done two non-motorcycle trips the last two weekends, and pretty much every single day in between it has rained here. Even today it's probably going to rain a little, but at least I got to commute on the bike, and hopefully it will be dry by the time I'm done with work and can ride home, or maybe run an errand on the bike after work. It's been very, VERY frustrating not being able to ride - even for my short work commute - plus knowing the weather here was great those two weekends I was away and couldn't ride.

Tomorrow is supposed to be dry, so I'm hoping to get a few miles in after work tomorrow evening, too.

I have a motorcycle trip planned for next week, and I'm just hoping for good weather at this point. I have a decent rain suit and gloves, and I'll ride in the rain, but I'd rather not. Really sick of this lousy freakin' weather.

·
Read Only
BMW R NineT Urban GS
45 Posts
Finally got my Italian chimney!
I wasn´t sure if it was the right choice for the Turban ( but i always loved the quality of SC Project ). And actually i think it suits it quite well.
To my surprise it´s a bit quieter than the stock pipe. The tone is a little deeper.
It opens up that beautiful gold rear wheel a lot. And that´s what i was after.

Just out of curiousity...does anyone know who to get to the screw that holds the DB killer? Do you need to remove the carbon end cap?

(Passed 3.000 km. yesterday...love this bike!)

Tim...come over here. We have 32°C and no signs of rain🥵

·
Registered
2019 BMW RnineT
53 Posts
Finally got my Italian chimney!
I wasn´t sure if it was the right choice for the Turban ( but i always loved the quality of SC Project ). And actually i think it suits it quite well.
To my surprise it´s a bit quieter than the stock pipe. The tone is a little deeper.
It opens up that beautiful gold rear wheel a lot. And that´s what i was after.

Just out of curiousity...does anyone know who to get to the screw that holds the DB killer? Do you need to remove the carbon end cap?

(Passed 3.000 km. yesterday...love this bike!)
View attachment 145058 View attachment 145059
I got the same pipe too and installed it a week ago. Mine came without the DB killer, so it sounds really loud (and good!).

I believe there is a bolt on the right side (wheel side) of the pipe that you can remove and take the DB killer off.

·
Read Only
BMW R NineT Urban GS
45 Posts
I got the same pipe too and installed it a week ago. Mine came without the DB killer, so it sounds really loud (and good!).

I believe there is a bolt on the right side (wheel side) of the pipe that you can remove and take the DB killer off.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, there is a bolt on the wheel side that holds it. But, unlike f. ex. Akrapovic, there is no direct access to it from the outside.
No worries...it would probably be too loud for me anyway :)

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
1,310 Posts

Looks great, @Soren K !!

I have the same exact exhaust on my Pure. I bought mine very slightly used from another forum member, and there was a hole in right side (wheel side) of the carbon fiber tip to get to that bolt. The hole was a little jagged, so I smoothed it out a bit with a file, just to make it look better and more uniform.

I've left the db killer in for now, but might remove it at some point to see how it sounds. I don't like very loud exhausts, and it sounds pretty good now, so it's fine as-is.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Nice bike Soren K!

With new Euro norms exhaust manufacturers have to make it "impossible" to remove the DB killer. So you will always have to start cutting/grinding to remove screws or rivets.

They always put a small weld on the bolt, or just make it impossible to remove the DB killer.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Pulled the trigger on the DK Design gauge and mount to replace the stock two gauges. I was thinking of just fabricating a bracket to bring the two gauges more tucked in between the triple tree and headlight, but I also like how much cleaner a single gauge looks. I opted for the DK bracket over the OEM because the DK bracket makes the gauge sit lower and more tucked in. I had it sent EMS cause DHL has been hit or miss in delaying international packages a bit, so we’ll see how long it takes to get here via EMS…I liked the fact that it has the bezel AND it digitally says “DKDESIGN” on the bottom instead of “KOSO”.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Pulled the trigger on the DK Design gauge and mount to replace the stock two gauges. I was thinking of just fabricating a bracket to bring the two gauges more tucked in between the triple tree and headlight, but I also like how much cleaner a single gauge looks. I opted for the DK bracket over the OEM because the DK bracket makes the gauge sit lower and more tucked in. I had it sent EMS cause DHL has been hit or miss in delaying international packages a bit, so we’ll see how long it takes to get here via EMS…I liked the fact that it has the bezel AND it digitally says “DKDESIGN” on the bottom instead of “KOSO”.
Have got the same gauge on my bike and have to say that after the Ohlins, it is the next most satisfying upgrade, love it!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I installed the MV Motorrad 25mm peg lowering brackets this past weekend. I'm amazed at the difference it makes. I raised my bars 20mm a while ago, and have been looking at options to raise them even more so that it is more comfortable to stand when riding trails. The peg lowering has made a huge increase in comfort both standing and sitting. I'm 6'2" and have a 34" inseam so I was always a little cramped on the Urban.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Have been thinking for a long time that I‘d wanted to move the license plate onto a swingarm mounted bracket, having got the idea from an older version of the Ducati Monster 1200 and, more recently, the Indian FTR. My preference was to keep the OEM indicators and brake light at seat level to try and make these as visible as possible whilst driving in traffic. A summary of options had been listed by a member of this forum in the thread below some time ago (2015). The kit from Wunderlich best suited my requirements, and the tubular design matches the trellis frame on the bike.

Side arm options (license plate over tire)

Thankfully I managed to repurpose my previously installed Evotech tail tidy by leaving out the mounting bracket for the licence plate (replaced with some spacers). The OEM brake light has an integrated license plate light, so didn’t have to fiddle with electrics to install the one provided by Wunderlich which, quite frankly, had questionable lighting and awful clearances for integrating this into the mount, as recently reported by @trebor5 in the thread below (thanks for this buddy).

Wunderlich Swing arm number plate holder centered...

Results in the photos below, which I am quite pleased with.

1261 - 1280 of 1320 Posts