BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1401 - 1420 of 1457 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R9T Sport
764 Posts
Installed the powder coated OEM foot pegs I bought off the forum ages ago.

And installed the black engine bolts - just swapped them over one at time.
(Excuse the dirt - just come back from a ride)

Overall Look:
(Mirror and bulb are not red! Reflecting colour of my car just to the right :)

Not sure about the blacked out foot pegs ... here's a before shot..
I can swap them back easily enough

·
Registered
66 Posts
View attachment 146645

View attachment 146644

Overall Look:
View attachment 146646

View attachment 146647
With your color scheme, the silver fit really nice - better than black IMO but of course it’s very personal. Beautiful bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,501 Posts
Not today, but the last couple days...

Did an overnight trip to ride the Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park. I covered 858 miles for the two days, and hit two milestones yesterday: 10,000 miles on the bike since new, and 7,000 miles for the year (so far). :)

I just posted a trip report and a few photos elsewhere on the forum if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,501 Posts
@Denis108 I think you're right ... thankfully not a big job to swap them back.
I think the black footpegs and controls look good. They blend in with the black frame tubes nicely and kind of disappear. But the silver looks good too in my opinion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Installed these puppies 😂
I don’t understand why some folks having a hard time installing? It took me like 5 secs each. Dab a water on the grip and dishwashing soap inside the grip using finger
View attachment 146688
Nice product. Look squishy. What product are they? I see the Scrambler has gone to bed for the noght. All cozzy. Awww…

·
Registered
53 Posts
View attachment 146645

View attachment 146644

Overall Look:
View attachment 146646

View attachment 146647
I didn’t like those pegs when I saw them first, as I re-review I think they look great. They mic well with all the other black tubular parts including the spring. Individual and cool looking. Try taking the rubber feet blocks off and see how it looks with the black teeth exposed. I just did that to mine and really like it.

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
166 Posts
Okay this was really last week but TimC inspired me to brag a bit here, went for a ride from N.Cal to Pahrump NV. Just over a 1000 miles (1600km) round trip. I was commenting to one of our brothers on the forum that Bean made it there without a complaint, and thanks to my new seat so did I, mostly...

Eight and half hours of 70mph plus, 50 to 110 degree temp range, and a few mountains thrown in for good measure. Only stopped for gas and a candy bar. ;)

Tire Wheel Plant Sky Vehicle
Sky Building Window Motor vehicle Facade

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
2015 BMW R Nine T Classic
24 Posts
This was actually last Sunday, not today (although I had a nice ride this morning around Bedfordshire) - rode up to the Peak District to check out Snake Pass, which was beautiful. We went through Matlock Bath and I've never seen so many bikers in one place. It was crazy loud and the bikers parked up as far as the eye could see!

I'm sure anyone from the UK has been - if not, head up on a Sunday when the sun's out and it truly is a spectacle!

Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
166 Posts
This was actually last Sunday, not today (although I had a nice ride this morning around Bedfordshire) - rode up to the Peak District to check out Snake Pass, which was beautiful. We went through Matlock Bath and I've never seen so many bikers in one place. It was crazy loud and the bikers parked up as far as the eye could see!

I'm sure anyone from the UK has been - if not, head up on a Sunday when the sun's out and it truly is a spectacle!

View attachment 146839
We must ride in similar areas, I can see how much alike they are.....

Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree Terrestrial plant
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

...I think you win....:ROFLMAO:

Kind regards,
~Bean

·
Registered
615 Posts
...dropped it on a relatively unused trail, on an uphill about 1/8 mile with rocks from grapefruit size to watermelon size, with the occasional washing machine size boulder every 100 yards or so. Middle of nowhere, low on fuel, no cell service. That's why they call it an Adventure. Bike came to rest gas tank and seat facing downhill and wheels uphill, in the air. Grabbed the rear rack, rotated the bike 90 degrees on the left cylinder guard, then stood it up. Gotta love how those cylinders stick out. Buddy with me dropped his Tiger 1200. They fall flat. Really hard to pick up. This hill was where the trail was at its widest. A little further along it was too tight for anything but a smaller ATV. A new Honda 500 ATV wouldn't have fit.

This was a 6 mile section through the woods that joins one official ATV trail to another, unofficially. I had spent the morning on a flatter trail, about 75 miles long, and had the chance to play with the suspension settings of the Andreani Tall cartridges and the longer TFX rear shock to fine tune them. It was a great exercise. I would make a drastic change to just one setting, i.e. fork compression, ride for a mile and feel the difference and feel what that change was doing, then adjust it and go another mile, etc. Once that was sorted I'd go to a different setting, i.e. fork rebound, do it all over again. Then the fork preload. Did the same with the rear. I've got it dialed in really nicely now. No bottoming out on trails like in the photo, more comfortable ride, better ability to lift the front end when trying to ride up and over a ledge, a rock, etc. , better in the sand, loose gravel.. overall just a feeling of more control.

Plant Tire Vehicle Wheel Plant community

My last two sets of tires have been the full off road Shinko 804/805 combo. I'm heading out on a longer trip in a couple of weeks, and wanted something a little more street oriented, but still capable off road. Mounted up a set of the Avon Trekrider and have to say I am very impressed so far. Have about 2,000km on them. Off road I don't really feel like I have given anything up, except maybe in deep gravel. On road they are far quieter, corner much quicker, and are very sticky, even in the wet. Pretty sure I am going to get another set of these when the time comes.

1401 - 1420 of 1457 Posts