BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1661 - 1680 of 1746 Posts

·
Registered
2018 R1200RT - 2015 RNineT
284 Posts
Replaced the bushings on the steering damper. Mine had started to deteriorate and one crumbled during removal.

If you have an older 9T you may want to inspect them on your bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Scrambler
125 Posts
Well, my scrambler is about 6 weeks old now and booked for it's first service next week..... so I considered maybe giving it it's first ever wash.... but dismissed the idea as being unsustainable in the long run.

I did however play with a piece of leather I bought to make a "mud sling" to provide some protection for my recently installed Nitron shock (I'm thinking leather might be nicer then plastic).... however I'm still stugling with the execution of that great idea.

So... I kinda did 2 things today in regards to my r nine t.....but at the same time did nothing really.... which sorta sums up my earthly existance nicely.

·
Registered
2021 Scrambler
125 Posts
Finished converting my scrambler into a cow today..... added a leather Unit Garage body (tank cover)....

20211231_151433-01 by Noel Leahy, on Flickr

and... leather shock gator.... much tougher sounding then a girly mud sling thingy.

20211231_151601-01 by Noel Leahy, on Flickr

A quick test ride without a camera.... but.... I'm sure all the cows were coming in for a milking.... that they seemed to be following me was purely coincidental.

As an aside.... I did the tank thing so I can carry my camera bag on it....get the camera out from the seat and shoot stuff.... like this:

White-winged fairywren by Noel Leahy, on Flickr

Anyway.... my 2022 new years resolution is to get the tank BMW round badges central in the tank cover circles.....

So I am now going to stop doing stuff to my scrambler for a bit (>3 months).... and .... then some bar risers, the mod to give my single instrument a tacho and gear indicator, then maybe a tool role and tank bag..... not much more .... not sure I want the noise of any exhaust mods... ie some headers with stock cans.

·
Premium Member
R9teees
666 Posts
Finished converting my scrambler into a cow today..... added a leather Unit Garage body (tank cover)....

20211231_151433-01 by Noel Leahy, on Flickr

and... leather shock gator.... much tougher sounding then a girly mud sling thingy.

20211231_151601-01 by Noel Leahy, on Flickr

A quick test ride without a camera.... but.... I'm sure all the cows were coming in for a milking.... that they seemed to be following me was purely coincidental.

As an aside.... I did the tank thing so I can carry my camera bag on it....get the camera out from the seat and shoot stuff.... like this:

White-winged fairywren by Noel Leahy, on Flickr

Anyway.... my 2022 new years resolution is to get the tank BMW round badges central in the tank cover circles.....

So I am now going to stop doing stuff to my scrambler for a bit (>3 months).... and .... then some bar risers, the mod to give my single instrument a tacho and gear indicator, then maybe a tool role and tank bag..... not much more .... not sure I want the noise of any exhaust mods... ie some headers with stock cans.
It’s simply bovine! Please post moo pics.

·
Registered
Nine T Scrambler
205 Posts
People with SP Connect or similar phone mount, where do you set it?
I struggled for 20 minutes yesterday and couldn't find a proper place to mount it. Either the phone was in the way of the ignition, hiding the clock or the bar or controls wer blocking me docking the phone.

·
Registered
80 Posts
People with SP Connect or similar phone mount, where do you set it?
I struggled for 20 minutes yesterday and couldn't find a proper place to mount it. Either the phone was in the way of the ignition, hiding the clock or the bar or controls wer blocking me docking the phone.
I placed mine SP Connect on the left side
Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar

Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
80 Posts
I thought about it, but too off center.
How is it for everyday use?
It is close to your left hand and therefore useful for operating phone - also easy to read in everyday use. I have used this for two seasons and still happy - however it interfere with the tank bag in vertical position.

1661 - 1680 of 1746 Posts