BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1681 - 1700 of 1746 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Scrambler
125 Posts
I'd give the lhs a go.... I use a different phone mount but have it there.... as mentioned by Ojoh is easy to use with left hand.... but also I find it better then looking down.... periphial vision for road ahead seems better when glancing at phone then looking down.... and it is closer and easier to read....

·
Premium Member
The fleet...9T ‘classic’ F800gt, Mz Ts150, Etz250, Beneli 125 2c, TL1000s, Trx 850, Katana 250/4, X7
221 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Brought all my SW motech parts (skidplate, potentiometer, rear brake reservoir cover) to the powdercoater yesterday..

Going to let them get coated black like the valve covers.

·
Registered
2015 BMW R Nine T Classic
35 Posts
Installed Oberon adjustable bar end mirrors. It took me a while to decide on these ones, but it was the price and style that won me over. Installation was easy with the adapters Pier City provide with the mirrors. They're the perfect size and really do improve the view behind. I no longer have to do a shoulder-dip/elbow-tuck to see what's behind me ;).

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just got my ‘22 R9T a week or so ago. My purchases so far:

-TPMS (Fobo 2 was too big, hit brake caliper. SYKIK now on the way, sensors are a bit smaller I believe.)
-Optimate 4 battery tender + wunderlich canbus adapter for easy plug in
-QuadLock phone mount with vibration dampener
-grip puppies to enlarge grips which are a bit too thin for my liking.

on the docket, up next:
-tail tidy. Have it narrowed down to daedalus and wunderlich. Not sure which I’ll get
-akra slip on (I like the look of the single pipe better than the dual pipe standard)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Just got my ‘22 R9T a week or so ago. My purchases so far:

-TPMS (Fobo 2 was too big, hit brake caliper. SYKIK now on the way, sensors are a bit smaller I believe.)
-Optimate 4 battery tender + wunderlich canbus adapter for easy plug in
-QuadLock phone mount with vibration dampener
-grip puppies to enlarge grips which are a bit too thin for my liking.

on the docket, up next:
-tail tidy. Have it narrowed down to daedalus and wunderlich. Not sure which I’ll get
-akra slip on (I like the look of the single pipe better than the dual pipe standard)
Also take a look at SC-project.. u'll pay less but still has that titanium/carbon look

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Some of these look just like the akra ones! When I search by BMW, it doesn’t show an option for the newer models on their website. It only shows 2014-2016. I’ll trying looking around.

·
Registered
2021 Scrambler
125 Posts
any chance you put a guard on that radiator? nice setup man. happy new year!
Not sure yet ... might make something when I make a front rack over the next month or so.... airflow at low speed in warm conditions is my main concern.

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
791 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Not sure yet ... might make something when I make a front rack over the next month or so.... airflow at low speed in warm conditions is my main concern.
Same for me. I don`t want cover so much to avoid overheating at low speed, summer etc etc. Mine is very similar. See border. left/right side is not as cover as others. Only protecting center/front part.

Oil cooler Guard R NINE T (black)

·
Registered
2021 Scrambler
125 Posts
My 2 month old Scrambler had it's first service today.... $380aus. Whilst passing time at the dealership I some how ended up with a pair of blue jeans... the ones with the Kevlar in the material... $280aus.... so first service was more like $660 with a free pair of jeans thrown in (the story I told the wife.....).... I had to buy the jeans because I fitted in a 34"..... normally 38"..... so now I can say I've lost 4" off my waist since getting a r nine t.

Anyway.... nice delivery man dropped of my recently purchase round tube bender..... so now I can make a front rack that.... looks sexy, can hold a small bag, can.... with additions hold a larger bag, can maybe be a camera tripod with a ball mount..... and .... can leap tall buildings in a single ....

Then I'm going to make a rear end rack that can do unbelievable things.... mostly because I'm retired and a bit bored.

The last rear rack I made 30 years ago held a 80lb hunting compound bow and a Winchester 94 44mag trapper..... I'm so much more boring these days.... a chair, thermos and swag now will do.... and a 50lb bow is hard work on the joints.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I had to buy the jeans because I fitted in a 34"..... normally 38"..... so now I can say I've lost 4" off my waist since getting a r nine t.
I've been a 32" since 18 years old some 53 years ago. Only problem is when 18 a belt was required, now I look like this 'muffin top" photo lifted from the net. :oops:
BUT, I'm still a 32", yeah!!!
Clothing Joint Skin Stomach Outerwear

1681 - 1700 of 1746 Posts