BMW NineT Forum banner

221 - 223 of 223 Posts

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Not absolutely sure, but, I don’t think BMW can avoid warranty issues because of oil brand.
Flame suit on.
Ken.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I stick with the BMW Motorrad oil. Granted I do not live in an area where there are extremes in terms of temperatures, so the gains achieved by using other fanciers oils are too marginal for me to risk warranty cover in case of engine issues.
You’re absolutely right. I’m way out of warranty for a long time now. Stick with the factory doctrine for as long as they will take responsibility. Be aware that what they recommend has more to do with contractual agreements with whole sale lube distributors than what is best for your moto. Their always going to opt for the lowest price that will do the minimum for your moto. There are actually better oil’s on the market than what they will offer you while under warranty. Do your research and educate. There will come a time after your warranty expires when all the choices will be available to you. Then you can choose your brand. There all pretty good, your riding style and climate will narrow it down. Good hunting. Cheers

221 - 223 of 223 Posts