BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not looking to start a pissing contest here, I think having a post to compare odometers and see what issues have come up would be beneficial, I didn't find one in the search bar.

For example, I have 14,000 miles (22,500 kilometers) on my 2014 9T. So far it's been routine maintenance and tires.

I have had to replace the plastic fuel line connector as the last one cracked and started to slowly leak fuel (It was puddling at the joint and I could smell fuel while sitting on the bike even when it wasn't running). Cheap fix I believe it was a $40 part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
10,500 miles on my 2016 R9T so far. Corrosion everywhere and a smashed headlamp. It's my 2nd R9T and I enjoy riding it. Onto my 2nd rear tyre.

Rusty

Not looking to start a pissing contest here, I think having a post to compare odometers and see what issues have come up would be beneficial, I didn't find one in the search bar.

For example, I have 14,000 miles (22,500 kilometers) on my 2014 9T. So far it's been routine maintenance and tires.

I have had to replace the plastic fuel line connector as the last one cracked and started to slowly leak fuel (It was puddling at the joint and I could smell fuel while sitting on the bike even when it wasn't running). Cheap fix I believe it was a $40 part.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
24,000kms after rebuild at 8,0000kms from a crash running like a Swiss watch.

·
Registered
469 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm obsessed with this bike and I can't stay off of it. It's a 2015 and the odometer reads 43,576. Here's a picture for proof. I have only one issue and that's a random high or low idle. I'm thinking it's the idle actuators...not sure. Otherwise the bike runs and looks great!

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Obsessed With This Toy

Bought 2014 with 3279 miles from forum member who took spectacular care of the bike. I added another 2k miles in the 2-3 months of clean roads and it still looks almost showroom new because I am as much of a maintenance nut as PO. Hloy crap am I impressed with Spoon's mileage! Moving to Denver first chance I get.

Here are puny issues so far:
Same fuel line o-ring replacement needed
Replaced broken kickstand kill switch
Ignition switch not turning off sometimes - not sure if I will bother fixing

·
Registered
469 Posts
2015 with 17,500 miles of pure bliss. No issues other than routine maintenance. "Spoon" you rock!!
Thanks for the shout-out Dutch.
Bought 2014 with 3279 miles from forum member who took spectacular care of the bike. I added another 2k miles in the 2-3 months of clean roads and it still looks almost showroom new because I am as much of a maintenance nut as PO. Hloy crap am I impressed with Spoon's mileage! Moving to Denver first chance I get.

Here are puny issues so far:
Same fuel line o-ring replacement needed
Replaced broken kickstand kill switch
Ignition switch not turning off sometimes - not sure if I will bother fixing
Know this...I run heated gear and as long as the roads are free of ice and snow, I ride. Along with Colorado having on average 300 plus days a year of sunshine, it makes riding very easy along with the fact that I'm that bikes "B**ch! (Smile)

·
Registered
75 Posts
2016 with 11.000km so far very good bike! Had to change the alarm after 10 months, it was not working anymore but the dealer used the warranty. Then standard services. Tires will need a replacement soon such as rear brake pad.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I also have a Honda VFR750F......

Rusty (but not the Honda!)

·
Registered
30 Posts
40,980 miles after 4+ years and not one issue. I added a sleeve to the potential headlight and instrument cable issue for older models but that's about it. Serviced regularly, top off with oil, fill tires and keep riding. Have two other vintage motorcycles but this one is the most ridden.

·
Registered
2017 R Nine T Scrambler
479 Posts
My 2017 Scrambler just hit 20K last week and yesterday was the 2 year mark since I picked her up so not too shabby. My fork seals need to be replaced and another service needs to be done. I'm not looking forward to that 24K mile service cost but maybe I'll have that done here during the coldest time mid winter.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts