BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m the proud owner of a R100 Café Racer & in the market for a New 2021 R NineT that I plan to customise. Does anyone have any idea when the 2021 year will be out in showrooms in the UK? Thanks!! F

·
Registered
387 Posts
I’m the proud owner of a R100 Café Racer & in the market for a New 2021 R NineT that I plan to customise. Does anyone have any idea when the 2021 year will be out in showrooms in the UK? Thanks!! F
As discussed on other threads. It seems unlikely that this model range will continue. The R18 will be it’s successor in the line up. Check with your dealer?

·
Administrator
11,349 Posts
Welcome to the forum.I haven't seen any official word that the R nineT is being discontinued, but I agree with @Scooter Paul that asking your local BMW Motorrad dealer would be a reasonable action... You could also call BMW and ask then direct.

·
Registered
2019 R Nine T Pure
64 Posts
I was just at my dealer, and they can't get 2020 R Nine Ts
Said production issues getting parts from suppliers.

Very popular Bike, can't see it discontinued

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I’ve tried to contact a few dealers including Bahnstormers in Maidenhead but no reply. I’m in Morocco at the moment so it’s hard to call. I’ve never heard it will be discontinued. I’m just hesitant to buy a new bike a matter of weeks before the new model year is out even if there is no changes. Has anyone ever tried adding a quick shifter on their R NineT? Up & down?

Anyway, I won’t be back in Surrey until the end of the Summer but willing to put a deposit on a 2021 R NineT. I wrote that in my email to Bahnstormer A week ago but still no reply. F

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts
Thanks everyone. I’ve tried to contact a few dealers including Bahnstormers in Maidenhead but no reply. I’m in Morocco at the moment so it’s hard to call. I’ve never heard it will be discontinued. I’m just hesitant to buy a new bike a matter of weeks before the new model year is out even if there is no changes. Has anyone ever tried adding a quick shifter on their R NineT? Up & down?

Anyway, I won’t be back in Surrey until the end of the Summer but willing to put a deposit on a 2021 R NineT. I wrote that in my email to Bahnstormer A week ago but still no reply. F
I think it's extremely unlikely the NineT segment of the heritage line will be "discontinued". They'll just have to update it to meet Euro5. They might be able to sneak by another year on Euro4, I know the motorcycle industry as a whole is petitioning for a delay on Euro5 compliance due to Covid. But in any case, there's no chance BMW is abandoning the segment to let Triumph and Ducati dominate it unchallenged. And I sincerely doubt the R18 is going to be any kind of replacement. That's a completely different platform for a completely different market segment. My best guess is the Camhead engine will continue in some updated/detuned form to meet Euro5 and remain in the heritage line-up.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Meeting the new emission standards is no small thing. Especially for an air/oil cooled motor.

from a recent article on the KTM 89
‘Euro 5, scheduled for introduction in January 2020, tightens carbon monoxide (CO) by 12 percent, unburned hydrocarbons (UHC) by 41 percent, and oxides of nitrogen (NOx) by 33 percent.’

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Maybe more News at EICMA in November
I am afraid that EICMA will not take place this year because of Covid...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, EICMA is cancelled. Not sure what plans BMW has for the R NineT. I can’t even find out when the 2021 year will be out & I’m hesitant to take the plunge just weeks before major changes could be made. Or atleast make an informed decision on a 2020.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea the greenies are so worried about euro5. Funny part is most bikers add exhausts, decat and tune.
Why do they even bother with euro 5 ? Really ?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Very popular Bike, can't see it discontinued

Not here in Oz, unless I'm going blind - rarer than a Unicorn with hen's teeth!

But don't give up hope yet, as BMW has not yet completed releasing details of its 2021 line-up:

BMW unveils 2021 model tweaks

Ben Purvis_BikeSocial

By Ben Purvis
Writing about bikes for 20 years. Published in dozens of titles on five continents. Mildly obsessed with discovering how things work.
Posted 30/07/2020 13:54 UK
New colours and revised details for carry-over 2021 BMW models

It’s fair to say that 2020 has been a pretty disastrous year – so it’s good to see BMW is already looking to get it over and done with by unveiling the first of its revised 2021 models.
We’re going to have to wait another couple of months to see the firm’s major updates and all new models, including the next-generation S1000R and further additions to the R18 range, but here are the bikes that will carry over to next year with minor updates and new colours.

First up we’ve got the R1200RS. To comply with EU rules, the 2021 model is confirmed to be Euro5 certified, although it doesn’t appear that BMW needed to change the modern, ShiftCam boxer engine to achieve the certification.
Visual changes include a new matt black frame for the ‘Austin Yellow’ colour scheme, while the current ‘Option 719 Stardust’ paint is dropped.
Also gone is the ability to disengage the ABS, not that you’re ever likely to have wanted to, while the options list is increased with a selection of new parts and technology.
Extra-cost add-ons for 2021 include a revised ‘Driving Modes Pro’ with engine brake control and a collection of ‘Option 719’ milled bolt-on parts in different finishes. Meanwhile the old ‘HP’ milled parts and Option 719 seat are gone, while a ‘Sports silencer’ option replaces the previous ‘HP’ version.

Its sibling, the unfaired R1250R, gets much the same set of changes. Again the switchable ABS is gone and Euro5 compliance comes in, with tweaks to the ‘Option 719’ packages as ‘HP’ milled components are dropped and a variety of other milled and anodised bolt-ons are introduced.
A new ‘Mineral Grey metallic’ paint option is also introduced while the old ‘Pollux metallic matt’ and ‘Option 719 Stardust’ schemes are dropped.

Over at the touring end of BMW’s range, the big news later this year will be the introduction of radar-assisted cruise control but while we’re still waiting for that to be shown BMW has unveiled tweaks to the K1600GT, K1600GTL, K1600B and K1600 Grand America.
The K1600GT gains new ‘Mineral White’ paint while ‘Stardust metallic’ and ‘Blueplanet metallic/Ivory’ are dropped. On the spec front it gets standard reversing assistance and adaptive cornering lights, plus standard tyre pressure monitors and DRLs. New options include engine bars and an expanded touring package including both the engine bars and LED auxiliary lights.

The K1600GTL gains new ‘Manhatten metallic’ (a bronzy-brown) and ‘Option 719 Mineral White’ paint schemes, while ‘Pollux metallic’ (green), ‘Stardust’ and ‘Blueplanet/Ivory’ are dropped.
Like the GT, it gets a reversing aid as standard, adaptive cornering lights, tyre pressure monitors and DRLs, plus the option of engine protection bars that are now also included in the comfort package.

The K1600B bagger’s tweaks largely mirror those on the K1600GT and GTL – including the standard tyre pressure monitor, DRLs, reversing air and adaptive lights. LED auxiliary lights and engine bars are new optional parts.
It’s also offered with a tweaked touring pack including the said LED lights and engine bars, along with an audio system and running boards.
The comfort pack now includes Shift Assistant Pro quick-shifter, keyless start, central locking and an alarm. A new ‘Mars Red’ colour replaces the old ‘Imperial Blue’.
The K1600 Grand America’s changes mirror those to the K1600B, including the same new colour options.

At the sportiest end of BMW’s range, the S1000RR gets two new colours – ‘Black storm metallic’ and ‘Racing Red non-metallic’ – and official Euro5 approval, albeit without changes to the engine.
New options include a sports silencer, an ‘M’ titanium exhaust system, and ‘M’ milled parts including levers, lever protectors and footrests.
Sticking to the ‘M’ theme, the options catalogue includes a ‘Sports package’ with ‘M Endurance chain’ and GPS lap trigger. A USB charging port is another new option.

The S1000XR might be a new model for 2020, but it also gets tweaks for 2021 including new white/red/blue colours for the ‘Sport Style’ version, which also gets a titanium sports silencer, M Endurance chain, sport windscreen and lap timer.
The titanium silencer is also added as a standalone option, along with an expanded tour pack including a USB port and a new luggage rack with integrated brackets for either the 30l or 49l top box.
Like the S1000RR it also benefits from new ‘M’ milled parts options including levers, engine protectors and pegs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I see them a lot Lawrence, mostly commuting during the week. In fact there's at least 2 I see in my suburb frequently.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I see them a lot Lawrence, mostly commuting during the week. In fact there's at least 2 I see in my suburb frequently.

Awl jew respeck, asp, but "at least 2" is hardly many - I see a dozen or more GSs on my daily perambulations around here! To be precise, I have seen only one (1) R9T around and on the road in the six or seven months of my ownership. They are decidedly rare - but that's not a condemnation of the bike of course!

Reactions: gristle

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hah I meant I see 2 in my own suburb, then plenty more on my way to the office. There's plenty in Sydney at least. We have a lot of hipsters.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hah I meant I see 2 in my own suburb, then plenty more on my way to the office. There's plenty in Sydney at least. We have a lot of hipsters.
We have a lot of bad hips hereabouts in Brisbane, mine included! Which is why the 803mm seat-height is a blessing in terms of easy on and off...

Reactions: asparaguspee
1 - 16 of 16 Posts